epilogue

graduation day.

the commencement starts, and all of the graduands make their way to their degrees. i make my way to the front of the hall, where the bachelors are, sitting next to irene and wendy, waving to my co juniors who seemed pleased to see me.

"recipient of the 2018 valedictry awards of the highest academic performance in the bachelor's degree in seoul school of performing arts, we now call on hwang dohee to come up the stage."

upon hearing my name, a wide grin forms on my lips as i elevate from my seat, my co juniors cheering me on as i walk up the stage.

"congratulations, ms. hwang" the school president shakes her hand with mine before handing me my award and diploma, facing the crowd and bowing down. my mom stands up and claps loudly whilst screaming my name. i love her.

"ladies and gentlemen, the 2018 class valedictorian in the bachelor's degree will now deliver her address."

walking towards the wood lectern, i settle my award down and sigh, my palms slightly sweating from the nervousness. i make eye contact with doyoung and the others, which made everything better to be honest.

"okay," i trail off into the mic, trying my best not to crack my words.

"no one attends ceremonies to hear someone blab too much so, i'll try my best to make it short and meaningful."

"but, i'm super talkative, so i don't think that would work either." i add on, making the crowd laugh on my remark. "to my loved ones here, you all know who you are" i eye all the nine guys, including my co juniors and favorite professors.

"we all have worked so hard to get here, remember when we used to rush graduating? now that we're here, we might be thinking the same, we're scared. we're scared to step out of this campus, to face bigger responsibilities, to meet more intimidating people. but for me, i'm scared to see some of you leave, some of you who mean so much to me." i try my best to stop my voice from cracking as i make eye contact with doyoung, and my eyes start to tear up.

"we used to laugh a lot in the morning, stress throughout the afternoon, and sleep the most at night. it was like being suffocated with papers stacked around in your room, but once you recieve your diploma, that life you have known is now over."

"i know it's scary. i'm also scared to face the big world, the reality. to those who told you that you would never pursue your dreams, show them that you can and you will."

"to my parents, to my co juniors, to my professors, to taeil, johnny, taeyong, yuta, jaehyun, winwin, mark, haechan, and doyoung, thank you for being such a big part of this amazing journey."

"happy graduation, seoul of performing arts 2018. i'll miss you."

the ceremony ends and i run my way towards my mom, sobbing loudly on her shoulders. "you did great, sweetie. i love you so much." she runs her hand calmingly through my hair before a bunch of footsteps make their way towards our direction.

"you should talk to them first, sweetie. i'll be in the car," mom smiles at me before waving to the boys.

"bye, mrs. hwang!" they all exclaim, earning a smile from my mother and a chuckle from me as i wipe the tears streaming heavily down my cheeks.

running towards them, they all engulf me in a group hug, my sobs getting louder and my tears pouring down like a thunderstorm. "i'll miss you all so damn much," i say through sobs.

we all pull away and some of them were already crying, well most of them are. turning to doyoung, the tears he tried to supress starts falling as he pulls me into his chest. i breathe in his scent and i hug him tight.

"you never fail to make my heart flutter, dohee. i promise i'll wait for you." he says, his voice cracking. why do i need to go the the philippines for college? i don't want to leave them.

i don't want to leave him.

after spending our last few minutes crying and hugging each other, my time was up. i need to go and pack for my flight to the philippines, which means i'll be leaving korea behind, and i won't be seeing them for awhile.

saying our farewells, i turn to doyoung for the last time,

"bye, sunbae."

ok shit this got me emotional ugh it hit me like a train bc remember when she used to say "hello, sunbae" ??

now she needed to say "bye, sunbae" instead aaaaa my heart is hurting :c

my lovely readers,
thank you. 💛