HEART MONITOR pt.2

"Talk about what?" I enquire as we trailed slowly behind Allison. He was silent for a while, letting Allison get further and further away from us. 

"How about my half-a-soul?" he retorts, eyebrows rising high on his forehead in question. 

"Uh, yeah about that-" I sigh rubbing my neck, "I didn't mean to, it's just-" I'm interrupted suddenly, my tongue feeling fat, "actually, I'm not going to apologize this isn't my fault." I gripped my balls. I'm Jay Kingsley, I kill people - I remind myself. I'm not a wimp like my brother, I've seen and experienced horrors that no one could ever imagine. 

He chuckled gripping my shoulder and bringing me to his side, oh boy was he warm. "I'm not angry, I think," he confessed, "just a little confused. Stefan, I really like you, and I'm starting to get the impression that I play an important role in this fairy tale." I sighed, leaning into him my eyes catching Allisons as she cast a wary gaze over her shoulder. 

"Mhmm, before we get into this prophecy that you seem to know so much about," I whined feeling the exhaustion settle into my core and drag me into a slump. "Can you take me somewhere?"

"Somewhere?" Maverick hinted suggestively his hand drifting down to the curve of my ass. I slapped him, though my grin suggested that my anger was light-hearted. 

"You're not my type," I joked, moving back to his side. 

"That's not what you said when you were suffering from amnesia, besides I'm everyone's type," he laughed as we approached the edge of the forest, joining Allison who was waiting patiently. 

I slapped my forehead and jerked violently causing both of them to jolt and turn to face me, "Shit, where are my manners, um - Maverick this is Allison, Allison this is my mentor -"

"Mentor in sex?" Maverick interrupted, raising a suggestive eyebrow. I shoved him harder than I anticipated and despite his tall, brooding frame he collapsed into a bush. Immediately I laughed, "That's what you get! Now get your mind out of the gutter we have a lady present," I turned and grinned at Allison who despite herself couldn't help but smile back. 

"Maverick wishes he could get into bed with me," I admitted watching as he brushed the dirt off his ass, "Admittedly I'm a bit fed up with men I think I'm going to find myself a lady, care to drive me," I called over my shoulder at the grumpy wolf. Allison snuffed her laugh at the saddened expression that overtook Mav's features. Though he relented and took on a military position, "Where to Boss?"

"Why the hospital, of course, that's the best place to pick up women," I winked at Allison and she blushed, slowly my eyes traveled over her face and I found myself stepping closer. 

"Hey!" I jumped, spinning around to see my brother waving his hands like a lunatic, Scott at his shoulder. I noticed his eyes drift between my hand which had, at some point grabbed Allison's hand in a mocking gesture of chivalry. Uh- I released her shooting her a toothy grin of reassurance before I nudged Mav. "Where have you guys been?" Stiles yelled, and I drifted slowly behind Allison as she climbed from the forest's brambles. 

"Hold that thought," I said as Allison began to explain, "Mav and I are heading out, we've got business to settle with a couple of beautiful nurses." Allison giggled which brought a glare from McCall. 

"Actually, I think you and I need to have a talk," Scott asserted, stepping in front of Stiles with I suppose a menacing glare. 

"Mhmm, I think I will find a lake of piranhas to jump into instead," I confessed lightheartedly, before sighing, "It's not even that talking to you is an idea that is simply not compatible with myself, but rather I have better things to do. As I said there are some beautiful women awaiting my arrival at the hospital," I winked once more and made my way past my brother and Scott.