FORMALITY

"Oh, you're here," I scowled as soon as I spotted Peter. 

"Where else would I be?" Peter said, rolling his eyes. He placed his arms on the back of the couch and cocked his head. 

"I was hoping you'd be 6ft below us, or perhaps further south," I said flatly and glared at him as he sat comfortably on Derek's couch. "I will never trust you, alright you cock-juggling-thundercunt." 

"Woah," Peter rasped, "that's harsh." 

"You deserve it weaksauce," I hissed back and crossed my arms.

"I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face, I've suffered enough," he argued and I rolled my eyes, "You're going to milk that one forever, huh?" he shrugged and agreed with a slow nod. 

"Oh I can't wait to-"

"Stefan, if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent - sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that I've been in a coma for six years. I've got time to make up for, not the time to lose," I rolled my eyes again and turned away from him. 

"Where is Derek?" I asked, and peered out the window at the backyard. 

"Picking up Jackson," Peter relented surprisingly and I whirled around to face him. "No, he's not, he's not - really?" I whined and groaned reading Peter's flat stare. "That man, er, he really irks me. He's really irksome," I sighed and decided to sink into the space beside Peter.

"You're really irksome," Peter decided after some time and I glared at him. "Am not," I said childishly and he smirked. "Are too." I clenched my jaw, "How about this? Shut your mouth or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you."

Peter shrugged, "I've got a date, so maybe we could arrange that for another time." In saying this he stood up and brushed himself off. "I'll be seeing you soon," he assumed and then left. "I hope not," I grumbled and then rested my eyes. 

Perhaps twenty minutes later I heard Jackson's voice as he and Derek entered the house, "I've dreamt about this place. I - I remember the staircase. I remember these - these walls. I remember - everything," Jackson's voice wavered as he spoke and I could almost hear the frown on Derek's face, "You've been here?"

"No, never. I dreamt it," he said and vaguely I remembered the time 'drug dealer' Derek had shoved Jackson into the lockers, "There's no one else here, and no one else is coming?" Jackson realized slowly and began to back away as Derek advanced, "No, please - Please don't, okay? I'll shut up - I'll never say another word again. I'll leave Scott alone. Please, you can't do this! Please! I - I don't deserve it."

"I think you do," Derek said darkly and I sighed as I picked myself up from the couch. "N - no!" Jackson yelped falling over his feet. 

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're the captain of the lacrosse team," I eyed Scott as he made his entrance and then carefully leaned against the charred walls. 

"Excuse me. Co - captain," Scott leered, and I mockingly nodded in approval at his one-liner. 

"Derek mate, you've really fallen off the moral cliff here, I think you need Scotty-boy to give you some guidance," I spat, disgusted by his attitude and his choices, and so Scott and Derek fought. And while they did I lead Jackson out of the house and handed him the keys to the Jeep. "Go on Whittemore, get outta here," I encouraged as he gaped at me. 

"T-thanks," he stuttered and then quickly reversed out of the reserve. When I returned to the battlefield both sides had calmed down considerably and now were just glaring at each other.