5: The Pain that they didn't know

We didn't know what was going on. I didn't know if my werewolf instincts were already malfunctioning because of old age or it was just because I was with men who were certified crackers. I always trusted Fenris. I never doubted him. I never doubted my heart and this time I knew that I was going to follow it again when it came to finding Lucian.

Zinan, which was the child's name, swung on the child swing alone. No one was with him and the six of us watched him and observed him behind the brick wall that had the rusty words of "Skagit orphanage". A nun went out of the small and shabby orphanage and then wandered her eyes outside until she spotted "Zinan."

"Zinan dear, it's not good for you to stay outside. It's getting dark," the nun stated with a calm expression on her face. "And I see that you collected flowers again and made them into a crown. That's lovely," she praised and patted Zinan's blonde hair. The child flinch making the nun wince.

I snorted at that. That flower crown was natural. Lucian's beauty was natural. His personality was natural. There was nothing artificial about my mate. He was born to be beautiful.

The nun moved away when Zinan stopped swinging. She didn't offer her hand nor did Lucian hold hers. They just walked side-by-side in silence and they disappeared as they entered the scruffy establishment.

"Now's our chance! We should just bust in there and take Lucian away!" Slade whispered and was about to charge in but Sevor yanked him back. He should really put a leash on his twin. I'll buy the spiky one.

"We'll scare him away. It's better to gain his trust and know his history before taking him without any background," Thomas reasoned out.

"We'll adopt him," Raphael suggested and Samael nudged him with a mischievous smile.

"You incestuous little chicken; you're really rebelling huh? Welcome to the club," he chuckled.

Raphael glared at him. "Shut up, it'll be easier for us to get close to him."

Samael crossed his arms. "Yeah well, I'm more of a sneak in and kidnap kind of guy. I have the power so why not just use it to take Lucian?"

I sighed. "We'll come by in the morning and I'll talk to the nuns about Lucian. I'll make it seem like I'm interested in adopting him. Until then, let's just observe him for the night," I stated.

"Good plan, it's better than kidnapping and barging in," Sevor approved making Slade growl.

"Cazzo! (Fuck!) This is so stupid!" Slade snarled. "Who cares about morals? We can rule the world if we wanted to!"

This was the only time when I agreed with Slade in all those millenniums of knowing this dumb fuck. I seriously didn't know why I even thought of taking things slow but Thomas was right; we needed to know how this happened.

Samael and Raphael were the ones who watched Lucian for the night. If the five of us watched him, we were sure that we were going to get caught. The four of us stayed in the car that Samael was able to steal and we waited. During the night, we dropped by to the groceries to get some food to eat. Thomas just got a jar of honey and sweet and sour seaweed chips, Slade took ten packs of raw turkey and Sevor asked if he can just have a cup of coffee and bread so we had to drop by a coffee shop after. I also bought some burger and fries from the nearby McDonald's before we drove back to the orphanage to wait the night out.

"What's that?" Slade asked while I chewed on my burger. I was sitting in the front with Thomas on the wheels and the twins were at the back. The car smelled like blood because of the raw meat that Slade was feasting on. If we were normal, we would be scared with how the ancient dragon looked like but fortunately, all of us already existed during the ancient times.

Saving Lucian (5TH BOOK OF D T) Yaoiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें