36: A Beta's Loyalty

"Well you're thankfully quiet today."

"I can't believe you want my dick jokes in this kind of crisis kid."

"Huh? I didn't say that you asshole. I said 'thankfully' are you deaf?"

"No, I'm hot and you're obviously too blind to see it."

"No, I'm just too SANE to see that."

"Well too bad then. They say that insane people get to see all the goodies."

"Baddies you mean. You're hideous."

"I'm fabulous."

"Hideous."

"Fabulous."

"Hideous."

"Fabulous."

"H-I-D-E-O-U-S."

"F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S."

"Fucking hideous!"

"Fucking hideous!"

"No you're not, you're fabulous!"

"HAH!"

"What? Wait, I mean- GAAAH Goddammit Cerberus!"

"Classic."

At the end of our bickering, I couldn't make myself stay frustrated with my wolf today. In truth, talking with this motherfucker was the only way that prevented me from losing my shit.

Being a dad to twelve kids, I had to look strong so that the little fuckers wouldn't cry because of fear of this situation that we were in. I still continued to scream at them, scold them, chase them, and all and all maintain our daily routine of madness but in truth, I was already shitting my pants.

The world was burning. We were placed inside a smoldering oven and the only thing that was keeping us from being burnt like Sciath's fried mojos was the power of the Glacier pack to form an ice barrier around the whole Kingdom. The ice in Antarctica was already melted. Every television station was down. At first I was relieved that Spongebob was still airing but once that it was replaced by a prayer to Jesus and followed by a blackout I knew we were fucked.

The cue to the end wasn't the prayer to Jesus.

It wasn't the water around the whole continent which became a sea of fire.

It wasn't the blackout.

It was the ceasing of the Spongebob show.

And yeah, Elim was missing.

What kind of dad was I to put that last?

"Fuck..."I sighed and attempted to wipe the wrinkles off my face with my hands only to leave it into a more deepening scowl.

I can't believe I was able to witness this. I didn't even believe in that shitty fiction book. In truth, I didn't even attend a single religious bonkers activity because seriously, I just don't see the point in it.

And now I was standing somewhere near the ignited St. Peter Basilica Church surrounded by burning humans, souls, and zombies.

Yes, zombies.

The scenery wasn't the most ideal for a honeymoon and just being with Kade in this horrid place made me hate this idiot even more.

We didn't have any leads regarding Elim. It was driving Ark crazy and because it was making Ark crazy, it was also making me realize how fucked up we were. It took me a lot of brain cells to let the information of my son missing. In those four years of taking care of every single one of them by changing their soiled diapers filled with shit and pee, wiping off their disgusting drool, feeding them, bathing them, and tucking them in bed the processing of the information was slow but once it did sink in me, it was so hard to accept.