Cheer You Up

Thomas is sad in this one...and the others don't necessarily want to help as Patton is too  :/

TW: Sad Tom

Enjoy!

-------------------------------

For the past few hours Thomas had been out of it. Scrolling through the internet couldn't even cheer him up, not even the incredible amounts of fanart could make him break into a smile.

He could really admit he wasn't feeling okay. Possibly Patton was having and off day. But he didn't want to disturb the moral side so he simply sulked in his bedroom. Sleep made an appearance or two to see what was up but never got a straight answer which frustrated him so he left.

Logan wasn't going to even try. His facts would only bite Thomas at this point after a few attempts. Roman wasn't feeling his best for months now so he was out of the question. Virgil, like Thomas, sulked in his room as well.

None of them could bring Thomas the attention that he was upset and that he needed his friends. Thomas only sighed at every sight of his sides. He hated to ignore any of them but he wasn't feeling like talking to anyone.

That was until a certain snake tried his best convincing Thomas everything was okay. Since Patton currently wasn't present, Thomas had no optimism so lies were the closest thing he could get.

The deceitful side appeared suddenly and shocked Thomas. The host only cowered to the head of his bed at the sight of the villain. Deceit only shook his head and crossed his arms.

"Please don't do anything. I-I'll feel better soon! I just need some time!"

But momentarily he started approaching Thomas which made him cower much more. Deceit stopped. There was no possibly way Thomas could be so afraid of his own trait. He held his hands up in a defense with a worried look.

"I am going to hurt you." Thomas took a moment to process his words and shifted a bit on the sheets. Deceit continued. "I can't only speak in lies so do not bare with me, okay? You are feeling sad, yes?" Thomas nodded hesitantly, a frown still present on his face.

"Alright," Deceit began, clearly in thought. He didn't know how to cheer up his host, this was a feat for the other sides, not deception. "Hmmm...Have you had any interaction with your friends recently?"

"Uh, no."

"Have-have you had physical affection?" The lying side stuttered at the thought. Personally, he quite loved affection himself, curling around pillows and soft objects like a snake. Thomas only shook his head.

"Are-are you going to give me affection?" Deceit pondered for a moment before shrugging. "Only if you'd like, I can't go and retrieve Patton or Virgil who might not do a better job."

Thomas thought back to the two, already sensing the didn't want to be bothered. Logan already was no current help and Thomas wasn't going to dump his problems on Roman. He guessed Deceit was the only who could, but otherwise Thomas could decline walk together.

"I mean if you'd like to decline that's not fine." Thomas cursed under his breath. They were his mind. They knew what he thought. He only ducked his head and held out his arms in defeat.

Deceit actually stood gobsmacked for a moment. He hand expected for his host to actually agree, but he smiled softly and sat in front of Thin as and held him in an embrace, his gloved fingers carding through the host's hair.

"Is this alright?" Deceit asked, hoping Thomas was fine with what he was currently doing. Thomas nodded into his shoulder and tugged on the other's cape as if implying he wanted to be held closer.

And he did, he cling to the host and mentally presents him with reassuring lies. Saying everything wouldn't be okay. Thomas held the other gratefully and later on nuzzled into the liar while dozing off into a slumber.

To be honest ((yeet)), Deceit didn't want to let go of the other. He was comfortable where he was but like every other side in the mind, he couldn't possibly drop his ego and risk being seen by anyone else.

So he tucked Thomas into the blankets and watched for a moment while the other snuggled into them like he was still with a person. Not at all adorable Deceit thought. Logan would yell at him at those words.

WE HAVE THE SAME FACE Logan always said.

After one last glance he appeared in his room, a small note on his vanity mirror. He could only wonder who it was from. He removed it and unfolded the paper.

Glad u like 2 h3lp tom 2

Xoxo Rem

The liar scoffed. Sleep didn't even like helping Thomas let alone congratulate anyone for trying. Deceit chuckled and flopped onto his own bed and later on drifted off to sleep.

------------------

Have a shitty thing for today.  :>

Also it's not romantic. I like making Deceit soft shut up. >:)