Part 44

"You want what?" Ratul asked in a cell shocking shirk. His eyebrows were Knotted a furious frown that could describe the amount of surprise he was. "Did she asked to go with you?"

"Well not directly..." Shuvro licked his lips, still confused about the incident of last night. What got into Tuli he would never know.

"Oh so you are assuming she wants to go with you or it's just all cooked inside your own brain?"

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean by you don't know...?"

"It means I don't know okay!" Shuvro finally looked up at Ratul's scowling face. He wiped his face with his palm, even though being under air-condition, he was sweating. Ratul scrunched his nose noticing his state.

"Why the fuck are you sweating this much!!!" He hissed.

"I am confused as well okay?... well, I need to talk to boss..."

"You need to calm the fuck down first! Just think before..."

"Why? She is my wife, she wants to go, I have to at least look if I can bring her with me!"

Ratul looked at Shuvro for a minute as if he had said something very absurd, and asked "Why?"

"What's your problem? She is my wife, its my decision to do whatever!" Saying Shuvro turned on his heel heading their boss's cabinet.

But he had to turn to throw a hateful dagger at Ratul as he replied over his shoulder in mild high pitch "oh yah! How's your voluntary celibacy going?"

***

"So I asked my boss," Shuvro cleared his voice to launch the overture that he was preparing himself to start about since he picked her from her university. He stood awkwardly at the way of the washroom as she walked out of there. She looked at him being surprised. He licked his lips then continued "about what you said last night that you wanted to come along!?!" This last part came out more like a question asked out of confusion more than a statement. Hearing him Tuli's nose flared up and eyebrows got furrowed and she took a step towards her husband.

"When did I say I wanted to?" Her eyes loomed over his threatening him. He, being somewhat scared took a step back instantly. Her jaw stiffened and a mad lightening struck in her black orbs, "when exactly you heard me saying I wanted to go to a vacation with you!!!"

'Please don't leave me! I am sorry!' Shuvro's mind begged.

And scratching his jaw he started stammering, "I-I... you said... I thought..."

"What? What exactly did you think I want?" The mussel of her face flexed as she clenched her jaws to the point - the corner teeth started paining. "You think I am jumping at the opportunity of going away with you? Seriously? You think forgetting everything everything I will? Cause you are my husband and oh my god how much I am just in love with you!!! Shumedh? Who the fuck is that!"

Biting out all the poison she could gather, and throwing the towel she had in her hand away somewhere, she moved passing him. She strode towards the closet and with a forceful tug she opened it.

Standing there dumbstruck Shuvro realised that someone just had squeezed his windpipe and was crushing it with all of their might. Then he understood there was nothing but the words her heard. The words- he was hearing after months. Months ago he used to hear them again and again. He got immune to them.

But today as they came pouring down unexpectedly he was standing with out any shield - unarmed.

Tuli was holding both the plank-lid open , as wide as she could. Her face, which was shoved among her dresses, distorted. If Shuvro could see the vividly visible guilt and regret could confuse him more than he could take.