Chapter 10 : Second Chance

RHYSAND POINT OF VIEW:

'Alpha. Alpha King.'

I reveled in the title. It demanded respect. In earned dominance. Most importantly it gave me control and I loved it.

I wasn't one to take orders from another. I was a born leader. I had built up my pack from nothing into one of the most powerful in the world. People bowed at my feet. They worshipped me. Even the blood covered battle fields I left behind were appraised. I had the power, I had the pack. I had everything but her.

Her being my mate. She was supposed to be my calm within the storm. My rock beneath my feet. This She Wolf was supposed to be my everything and I had effed it all up.

Immediately when I had first laid eyes on the short, curly haired blonde, I was in a trance. Her smell infiltrated the air with coconut and roses. It was like I had discoveredmy own personal high. I wanted to bask in it for my entire life time. My eyes found hers and I got lost in the deep forest green. It was an endless maze of towering pines and bright green bushes. Her hair was waste length with springing curls cascading down her back. Those pink lips of hers were plump pink and her cheeks were flushed. She was beautiful but I couldn't have her. She was a flower that I couldn't pick I knew why would happen. She would wilt even when I watered her. Her petals would drop and float to the ground.

I knew better then ever that loving people never got you anywhere in life. I had learned the hard way that relying and caring for another always back fired. It had hurt me more then I had liked to admit. That is why I turned to violence. I found It easier to play the part of the beast because at least I could convince myself that everything was my fault. It made me come to terms with my actions.

From the moment I saw her my wolf was howling at me to take her right there. He wanted me to hold her in our arms and touch her skin. He wanted to taste her on our tongue. Instead of listening to his horny thoughts I punched her into the stone wall. My mind knew that pushing her away was better letting her in. I remember the way her small body feel on the floor. I watched as her hurt eyes flash up to meet mine.

Dark bruises covered her smooth skin and her eyes were sunken in. She had been hurt. I attempted to contain my wolves anger at the fact that someone had harmed her.

'Not like you are much better' My wolf told me angrily as I order Jonathan to lock her up and walked away.

As soon as I escaped the confinementof the hospital my wolf took over and I shifted in my large black wolf form. I tried to run to get my mind out of its cluttered mess of thoughts, all about my mate. No she was just some rouge. No mate. I didn't have a mate.

Soon, I realized that running did notice to sooth me. It only made my wolfs feelings more pronounced. The urge to run to her was too strong for my liking. So I turned to my only other form of adequate distraction.

I arrived at the prison in less then a few moments. My paws carried my furry body with strength and speed. I was not a weak wolf and from the way my guards parted like the Red Sea I knew they acknowledged my authority.

Walking up to the pack prison was like walking in hell. The smell of decaying bodies was a permanent odor that even the most thorough cleaning couldn't mask. It was damp and dark as I walked down the rows of cells until I reached my most recent traitor. He was a transfer from another pack that had been 'observing' our ways. However, a few days ago some of my guards found him trying to steal confidential files concerning our pack Warriors and financial information. He had also tried to undermine many of our fighting plans by changing our blue prints of guard station locations. Both offenses were punishable by death. I, however, being the generous person that I am, decided to let him live a bit longer. That all depends on what you consider torture to be though.