"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

It is strange, this feeling. You know what it is, why it is, and you decide you don't like it.

"He stopped it again!"

The trembling, that started with your hands, has traveled to your heart. It is pounding; you are quaking. You wipe your sweaty hands on your apron.

"Todoroki doesn't get recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!"

You don't want it. You don't want it. This need, this desire, you don't want it. You look away from the screen. But you can still hear it.

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power! Here comes the finishing ice attack!"

Your vision is blurred and your cheeks are wet. Katie, your coworker, the angel, she takes the cup and plate from your hands--the liquid inside had spilled on the floor when your hands had first started shaking, the mop was in the closet, you need to clean it up--you feel her hand on your back as she leads you to the break room, and you sit. There is a TV inside.

"Come at me with everything you've got!"

"A solid hit!"

"It's your power, isn't it?!"

You are restless and exhausted. Exhilarated and in denial.

"Th-This is...!"

You are no fool, you know what this feeling is.

"M-Midoriya is out of bounds...Todoroki advances to the third round!"

Desire, vigorous and commanding. You want to be there, on that screen. In that arena. Winning.

You want to be greater than you thought you could ever be. You want to shine. You need--

"I want to enroll," you whisper to Katie. "I'm going to--I'm going--"

"to be a hero."