Chapter 1: Our New Hell

It had been five days since they'd been ordered into the wagons, and she could tell that people were starting to get antsy.

To the right of the cloaked figure, she saw a young woman scavenging for breadcrumbs, and across from her, her oldest friend, Arioch, begging people for any amount of water that they may have had left, and were willing to share with him.

If they wanted them to cooperate, they should've given them better conditions to travel under.

Arioch was a fairly tall individual, and had significant muscle mass even though he held a thin, stick-like figure. He had large, chocolate brown eyes that despite being a very common eye color, had little specks of green here and there. He had black hair, and like Azriel, wore mostly black clothing; it made sense that they'd be close friends.

"Hey Azriel, do you have any more water over there?", Arioch half whispered as if he were afraid that anyone else was listening.

"Sorry, I don't."
"How much longer do you think it'll -"
He was cut short by the sharp halt of the wagon.
"If they don't stop for more food and water soon, they're going to have a riot on their hands."
"No kidding."

A large man, presumably the driver, interrupts their frantic whispering with a loud cough. As everyone's desperate eyes snap around to look at their captor's associate, he can't help but smile at their skittishness.

"We've arrived", he says, and leaving it at that, turned around and walked away.
Checking to make sure that she still had her cloak, Azriel began to climb out with everybody else in a semi-coordinated fashion; little did they know that they were being observed by their new leader, Cain, the entire time.

Cain was a  tall, muscular man. He had grayish hair in a crew-cut and a light, matching stubble. He had a black shirt and gray pants on. The most memorable part of him, to Azriel, was his piercing blue eyes. Something about him was just too familiar to Azriel, but she couldn't figure out what.

Azriel's head whipped up when she heard a small chuckle from Cain and narrows her eyes into a squinted glare. His gaze sweeps the entirety of his new population before resting on Azriel.

"Welcome to your new home, and the beginning of a new era; the Crimson Era".