Chapter 3: Establishments

"Catherine, Mia, Meryl, and Sarah, you'll be in cabin 10. All women are now excused."

As she walked away, Azriel could hear Cain starting a new list, this time, the men's. While walking she caught a glimpse of Arioch walking in the opposite direction and couldn't help but pray that he'd be given at least semi-civil cabin mates.

As she walked to her cabin she recited the names of her new roommates; Julia, Laurel, and............Kaia.

Part of her wondered if Cain had purposely given her Kaia as a cabin mate just to see what her limits were, but other than her, the other roommates were probably as normal as you could get in this type of situation.

Azriel was a fairly tall individual who had requested, at her old village, that her hair be dyed a dark shade of red that resembled blood. She insisted that it was to add a splash of color to here usually all black outfits, but almost everyone could tell that it was to hide blood from the not so occasional fights she would get in. Along with her hair, she also had unnaturally dark amber colored eyes that usually fell victim to harsh criticism. While others were usually kind hearted and didn't fight with her, when they did, it was what you would call street fighting. Although she was a master of combat, she wasn't as used to "street fighting" as the others were, considering she was taught by the best swordsman in the village from a young age.

Julia was a small, shy young girl with naturally curly, shoulder-length brunette hair, hazel eyes, and a thin, bony figure. Although she didn't look like much, she'd made it here for a reason, I mean, after all, they'd only picked the strongest 80 people of their large village, 40 female and 40 male, so she could obviously pack a punch. Hopefully she would be around for a while. Azriel liked her and she could tell that Laurel did too.

Laurel was as hard to describe as she was to bond with. She was a very stubborn individual, considering the circumstances she'd been raised in, and it was obvious why she'd been picked. She had a stocky and muscular build while still being able to maintain a curvy figure. She had beautiful gray eyes that were almost always narrowed into a cynical glare and long golden-brown hair that reached mid-thigh, but she didn't let it get in her way during combat. Everyone knew that if they messed with her hair, they had a death wish. Her snide remarks and her quick temper didn't tend to come across in a friendly manner, so she'd gotten into a lot of fights at their old village, along with her collection of various scars to prove them.

And of course, last and least, Kaia. It was also obvious why she'd been picked; while she was stocky like Laurel, she had only the slightest hint of a defined figure. She had dark brown eyes and thin black hair that reached the small of her back finished off with a golden cylindrical clasp towards the last couple of inches; everything about her clothing and jewelry screamed, "entitled", and Azriel just couldn't stand any person who could be described as entitled or arrogant, both of which described Kaia.

They were definitely going to be a tough crowd...