Chapter 4: Weapons

When all four of them had arrived and settled into their new cabin, cabin 7, Azriel took in the floorplan. There was a front door, a back door, and two extra rooms, both with two beds and nightstands each. She had also noticed a weaponry collection by the front door. Their was a sign next to it saying to pick two: one for hand combat and another for long or short range combat.

Azriel, noticing this first, picked up the most beautiful sword she'd ever seen. The blade was stark white with a medium sized gray diamond in the center of the thick, black handle. As for her hand weapon, she went straight for the brass-knuckles, everybody already knowing all too well how good she was with them.

Laurel and Julia, following Azriel's lead, began to pick their weapons.

Laurel picked up a bow and arrows as her long range, and usual weapon, as the best archer in their entire village, and the second pair of brass-knuckles as her hand weapon.

Julia picked up a small black dagger as her hand weapon and an iron spear as her long range apparatus.

Kaia, finally noticing the rack, chose what remained: gloves  resembled wolverine claws as a hand weapon, and the second dagger.

Just as Azriel was turning away, she could've sworn that she'd seen Kaia pick up a third weapon, but deciding not to start another fight, for once in her life, let it go.

Not sure what to do next, they all split up. Laurel heading towards a small nearby forest-like clearing and Julia to check out the arena, leaving Azriel and Kaia to stay in the cabin; big mistake.

Deciding to unpack clothing, Kaia picked up on the fact that Azriel only brought and wore black clothing.

"What is this, a funeral?"
"For many, I assume so, including you, so you can wipe that smile off your face or I'll do it for you. Your choice."
"You're a pain in the ass, you know that, right?"
"I try. Maybe I wouldn't be so pissy if you hadn't tackled and threatened me."
"You were putting my life in danger"
"Really? How? Cain didn't even know your name much less cared about who you are before he divided us up into our cabins. I doubt he even does now."

Leaving it at that, Azriel walked outside and headed towards the "rat cage" to join Julia.