Imagine: Introducing 12

It was one of these days Y/N had to explain their realationship to outsiders. Humans, these pudding brains with their unhealthy need of information about each others lives. And he was already hearing her say, father, or worse, GRANDfather. 

Its always the same thing in this body, his previous regenerations wouldn't be called that. But that wasn't the case anymore now he looked a bit more.. mature.

"He's my boyfriend."

The Doctor was taken out by that, eyeing her in surprise from the edge. But she wasn’t saying that as a joke. Y/N really introduced him as.. her significant other.

"Oh really?" One of them, whose name he didn't caught - maybe because he didn’t made an effort on listening- said and widened his eyes.

"Quite a difference. But well.. you always were up for the other kinds of men."

One surprise was followed by the next, when the grumpy Timelord felt Y/N softly touching his hand. Carefully she asked for permission and entwined her fingers with his. First he found himself unable to move. 

Her hand was smaller than his. Of course it was, but now he sensed just HOW much smaller and delicate it was in contrast to his. Her palm was warm and the heat found its way through his skin, filling his body with a nice feeling. 

The Doctor didn't notice that he was staring into blank space, focusing all of his attention to this simple touch.
Unlikely to him he wasn’t saying a word, and when the conversation ended also Y/N's hand let go of his.

At that point he slowly got himself together again and looked at her.
"Why did you say i am your boyfriend?"

A bit unsure now the young woman smiled and bit her lip.

"Well.." she was starting a little more confident.

"If i have a handsome friend with me i can also have use of that!"