Imagine: Regeneration

"It's time for me...Y/N, isn't it ironic?" He grinned and, for once, his eyes matched the expression. There was no sorrow like there so often was when she saw his eyes. But her eyes in return showed sorrow, not wanting to let any other minute pass. She wanted to rewind everything and do it all over again. No matter how many times they would do the same things, say the same things. She wouldn't accept this as the end.

"Oh my dear Y/N, don't look at me like that. You won't see this me, this face again, but soon the new Doctor will take my place. The same man, or woman- who knows? But I will not leave you." Tears streamed down her face and she reached out for him. He smiled softly. "Don't." Her trembling hand sank and her knees couldn't carry her anymore.

"Please don't go, please...," she sobbed with the strongest voice she could summon. He kneeled down in front of her. "...Will you remember me...?"

"I will always remember you, Y/N. And if I ever forget, you are allowed to slap me so hard that I regenerate again, ok?" She tried to smile at that.

"Thats not funny." He chuckled.

"Yes, you are right. You are always right." The Doctor stood and backed up, the smile disappearing from his face. "Stay the fantastic human you are."

He threw his head back and gasped, light streaming out of every inch of his body. It was so bright, too strong for her eyes to see how his face was changing. The expressions got softer, his head full of hair, and the clothes became wider, a skinny body now inside them. The Doctor blinked and then looked at her. A smile spread on his face.

"My dear!"