Chapter Four

Hours later Wormtail was delivered bound to the ministry with Veritaserum coursing through his body. He admitted to leading Voldemort to the Potters, for the attack on the muggles and their subsequent deaths, and for the memory tampering of the aurors. He didn't have any idea why Voldemort turned him over, nor did he have any memories that could be used against the fight against the Dark Lord. Dumbledore was furious. He had lost his two largest points against Remus Lupin, and Sirius Black in the custody situation. He was hoping his good reputation and past accomplishments would sway the Wizengamot in his favor. The meeting would be tomorrow and he decided that it would be best to represent himself. Who else had a bigger presence than he? Surely no other ordinary barrister could control a room like he could.

——————————————————————

Voldemort had left Remus Lupin and Sirius Black at Riddle Manor keeping them separate from Hara until after tomorrow's trial. He had an elf show them to their rooms and instructed them not to disturb him under any circumstances. They had access to each other's rooms, but all other areas were warded against them. He didn't need keepers of the light snooping around his home.

He entered his chambers and immediately took a calming breath. The last thirty-five hours has been taxing both mentally and physically. His body was practically begging for rest now as it had been actively healing and changing throughout the day. He dropped the hood of his robe, and made his way into the bathroom en-suite. He looked into the mirror and couldn't help but run his fingers along his face. His cheeks were no longer gaunt but had filled out to be high and sharp like they were in his youth. His lips no longer thin but were a perfect plump Cupid's bow. There was not a single wrinkle along his perfect alabaster complexion. His eyes didn't have a hint of the hellish colors they were before but were a piercing ocean blue with stunning streaking of electric blue. His teeth no longer pointed, were perfectly straight and almost unnaturally white. Wavy obsidian hair topped his head with a few curls tickling near his sculpted brow. He looked like his sixteen year old self, but... better...he dropped his robes and being as arrogant as he is admired his physique. A sculpted chest a gently muscled arms, and powerful long legs. Little Hara remade me as a God. He smirked.

He stepped into the shower and washed off the day. He had so much to tend to in the near future. Just what am I to do with the girl? He thought to himself. He had the utmost confidence that they would succeed to gain custody of the Potter child. His horcrux would be saved from that grey old fool. But how could he include a fragile little girl into his plans?

The Dark Lord exited the shower and dried off his newly restored body. Leading Death Eaters in a sixteen year old body will be most entertaining. A slight smile shone on his face. Climbing into bed he enjoyed the soft brush of fabric of his sheets. His previous form had begun to lose certain delicate sensitivities. He welcomed this back.

Sleep overtook Voldemort, and soon after so did his dreams. His dream envisioned him walking up the hill to Hogwarts castle proudly. It was now his. Finally! He strode through the gates confidently knowing that his long time enemy Albus Dumbledore was dead. Euphoria coursed through his veins as he walked through the entrance hall. Victory was quite delectable. With his complete control of both the ministry and now Hogwarts, he could focus on his endeavors abroad. The entirely of magical Europe will bow to him soon. He'd continue his conquest until every magical community was at his feet. Yes! This would come to pass. Although hard won, the U.K was always just a stepping stone.

He came to the massive double doors that lead into the main hall. It was as if he had just been here yesterday. The ceiling was still spelled into a breath catching night sky and the dripless candles still floated elegantly above. He took a deep breath and walked to the seat that Albus Dumbledore used to inhabit. His hands brushed against the gold throne-like chair. He sat down and faced the great hall where he used to eat as a student. So many of his best memories took place in this castle. It was like returning home for him. He closed his eyes to bask in his contentedness until he heard a faint pop. His eyes flew open. Who dared to disturb him now? Another "pop!" and he spotted a puff of pink smoke out of the corner of his eye. What is happening?! He drew his wand and leapt to his feet training his wand where he was certain the perpetrator of the pink smoke would surely be. But there was no one in sight. A high pitch child's giggle erupted from below making the Dark Lord (though he would deny it to his grave) flinch at its unexpectance. He cast his eyes downward. And there she was. The Potter girl, smiling up at him while another bubble popped, this time releasing green smoke. The Dark Lord cringed. He should have come to the conclusion this was a dream ages ago as he had no memory of how Dumbledore died, only that he was dead. No memory of how he took the ministry down only that he had. He grumbled to himself. No matter... the Wizarding world will be his soon enough. But why was he dreaming of his all too giggly horcrux? He bent down so he was now face level with her. Hara stood up shakily as she had just learned to walk mere weeks ago and toddled over resting her hands on his cloaked knee. She looked up at him expectantly, but all he did was blink back at her curiously with a slight twinge of annoyance. Hara then laid her head on his knee wearing a happy little smile, looking up at him trying to will him into some sort of action.