Thursday's Thief

You know something is happening at The Agency when you spot Hay sat on the stairs as you walk down the street

You know something is happening at The Agency when you spot Hay sat on the stairs as you walk down the street. The knowledge that it is dangerous is when you see the smoke billowing from his mouth due to the cigarette between his fingers. A small smile flits on your face as it does on Hay’s face when Foster bats the cigarette out of Hay’s hand. He smokes it despite knowing that it would not affect him. But it will affect Foster which is why he doesn't light another.

“Why are you smoking those?” Foster exclaims.

“It doesn't affect me,” Hay replies, not bothered about the cigarette at all but the concern is in his eyes over Foster's tense mood. She wasn't that tense when you left her place last night.

“Then pick a different habit that doesn't colour your teeth and harms other people.”

Hay shrugs as his eyes drift to you almost lazily. “Something happened yesterday. I'm locked out,” Hay explains.

“That doesn't tell much, did you defecate in the training area again?” You reply as you stop by Foster.

“Hilarious, no.”

Waterbird grins at the three of you as she passes and then presses her finger to the doorbell which is a fingerprint scanner.

“Chantara Emerson, access denied,” the automated voice states.

Waterbird looks back at you. “Who else is locked out?” Waterbird asks.

“If I am guessing correctly, which I have a feeling that I am, us two and all the others who worked yesterday. You should know, you're sleeping with Moretti junior three,” Hay responds.

Foster looks at Waterbird in disbelief as Waterbird shrugs. “Riko sleeps with anyone,” Foster states.

“Besides, he was the one who recommended this place,” Waterbird says at the same time.

“I really should have known, sounds like Riko to send someone after me bundled up in a coat, hat and scarf,” you mumble.

“What sounds like Riko?” Moretti junior four asks, Moretti junior two standing beside her.

“Chantara?” Moretti junior two says confused.

Waterbird gives him a small smile. “Alessandro, how are you?” Waterbird replies.

Moretti junior two looks at Moretti junior four, an unspoken conversation passing between them. His eyes go back to Waterbird. “Was Riko clingy this morning?”

“He's clingy every morning.”

Hay looks at Waterbird surprised. “What?” Hay asks surprised. His eyes go to you, the realisation hitting you both.

Your eyes go to Waterbird. “How long have you been with Riko for him to suggest coming here?” You question.

Waterbird looks at the two Moretti’s, her cousin and then you. “Does it matter?” Waterbird replies curiously.