Chapter Eight

Ben was presenting his proclamation to the court. Some of them were highly against it, but Ben knew what he wanted to do. He couldn't watch all the Isle kids be broken, hurt, and confused. He couldn't watch his sister be broken, hurt, and confused.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want Jay knowing his origins. He just can't," Prince Charming said. "It'll break him."

"Have you ever thought that maybe not knowing who his father is is actually breaking him?" Ben questioned.

"I feel not knowing is for the better."

"I can tell from experience that not knowing who their parents are are slowly breaking them."

"What do you mean you can tell from experience?" Cinderella asked, turning her head to Belle and Adam.

"We had an incident last night with Evie," Belle explained. "I truly feel like Ben's proclamation should go into effect right away. I can't look at my little girl and see her hurting the way she is."

"She's not your real daughter though," Aurora said with an attitude. It has been thirteen years, and she is still against having the Isle kids in Auradon.

For the first time in a long time, it almost felt like Belle's blood was about to boil. She was able to keep her composure, but she absolutely hated it when someone insulted the Isle kids, especially if they were insulting Evie. "We raised her to become the sweet, young lady she is today. You can't just step in here and tell me that she isn't mine."

"But she isn't!" Prince Phillip exclaimed.

"Don't speak to my wife in that tone!" Adam shouted.

"Okay!" Ben said, interrupting the frey. "Does anyone else have anything to say? Ariel?"

"Though, I do fear the day Uma learns about Ursula, I feel it is best for her to learn where she came from," Ariel said.

"But don't you think she'll feel guilty towards your family for all the pain her mother had caused you?" Cinderella asked. "I mean, you're one of the very, very few who adopted your own enemy's child."

"We were able to set aside our hate towards Ursula to look at the real problem," Eric said. "Uma was an innocent child who was born to a horrible woman. Once we laid eyes on her, we knew we had to take her. It didn't matter who her mother was and what she was towards us. We adopted Uma because she was in need of a loving home."

"I agree," Mulan said. "Shang and I came to adopt one child only to come home with three. I can't even imagine what Harriet, Harry, and CJ must've gone through in those few years they were raised by Captain Hook. Though, it did get a little crazier in our home, we were glad to keep those three together. I know Harry is the most curious about their parents of the three. You don't know how many times I've wanted to tell him his story so bad."

"Aladdin, Jasmine," Ben said, motioning to the next ones over. "Has Anthony ever wondered what his mother was like?"

Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other. "H-He has," Jasmine said. "He's asked on many occasions when he was younger. There has been times where Aziz almost slipped up to him, but we were able to stop him."

"I say we should put this proclamation into effect," Fairy Godmother said. "Mal's magic has been getting stronger since she first sparked two years ago. She doesn't understand why she has magic. I want to tell her she's Maleficent's daughter; that way, she'll be able to understand what's going on."

"You can't tell her that!" Aurora yelled. "Who knows what she'll do to my precious Audrey!"

"She won't be anything like her mother!" Fairy Godmother retorted. "Mal has always been a good kid, and you know it!"

"All of them were raised to be good kids," Belle added. "None of them will end up like their parents. I promise you all that. You know why? Because we raised them. We raised them with kindness. We raised them with fair-play. We raised them with goodness in their hearts."

"Nothing will change," Ben finally said.

"So, if we do this," Shang began, "how are we gonna teach them?"

"We fit another class into all of their schedules," Ben said. "They all will learn about their parents together. I feel like it would make them a little more comfortable than being by themselves."

"Who would teach that class?" Aladdin asked.

"I will," Fairy Godmother said confidently. "I know it'll be hard, especially when we get to Maleficent, but I'm determined for these kids to enter adulthood knowing who they are."

"So, do we have a proclamation?" Adam asked, turning to Ben.

"I believe we do."