Chapter 8

"Elena." I knocked on her door.

"Hold on." I waited a minute and she opened her door

"Hey, how are you?" I wrapped her in a hug. "I saw what happened and when I got home you were asleep."

"I'm... I'm holding on, you know?" I nodded my head. "And the Volunteer Day is going to help keep my mind off it."

"Well, you know I'm here for you right? Always." She nodded her head and pulled me in a hug. "Well since you're dressed we better start heading over."

$$$

"So, suddenly, she's in the running for mother of the year, just when I'm trying to avoid her the most. I'm babbling. You don't want to hear all this." Care told Elena as Care and I started painting a beam each and Elena a water pump.

"Oh, um. No. I'm sorry." She told her.

"Then what happened?" I asked Care.

"Well, I was a bitch, which is par for the course with us. So, how are things with you and Stefan? Anything?"

"No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away becuase he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind." I put down my brush so did Care and we both bent down to her.

"Elena, he has a point. She could get jealous."

"You said that Katherine's dangerous. Maybe he's got a point."

"Yeah, I know that she's dangerous, and I know that he's just trying to protect me. But it feels like giving up. And I- I just..."

"Just what?' Care asked.

"I just thought that we were stronger than that." Care and I left it there and went back to painting.

"Uh oh. Longing looks are being exchanged." I looked behind me at Elena and Care and saw Stefan measuring wood.

"I'm gonna go talk to him."

"No, Elena." I told her.

"I think it's a bad idea." It was too late she already put down the brush and started walking over to him. Care and I stood beside eachother.

"Stupid idea. Should have waited." I mumbled.

"What's her problem?"

"Holy shit." I jumped out of my skin and care and Damon both chuckled at me. "Don't do that to me." I slapped his chest and went back to looking at the 2 arguing as Damon slipped his hand around me waist.

"Don't worry about it." Care answered.

"Why are you being such a bitch to your mum?"

"Don't worry about it." Care went back to painting and so did I. I looked upto Damon.

"What are they saying?"

"I'll tell you later." I nodded my head and he kissed the top of my head standing behind me and took the brush from my hands and took over.

I heard him scoff. "What?"

"They mentioned me." He really has to tell me later. I walked over to Care and Damon followed. I looked over and saw Elena walking off. "Relationships are about communication." Damon told Care since well I can't hear the couple.

$$$

I'm walking over to the Vamp brothers when I walked passed Mason and I quickly grabbed his arm stopping him. "Hey. I'm sorry about Damon. He can be..."

"Impulsive, an idiot, egotistical."

"Yeah, pretty much." I gave him one of my signature smiles.