Chapter 10

I woke up wrapped in Damon's arms. I looked up at him to see him already looking down at me. "Morning, Day." I smiled up at him and pecked his lips. I tried to untangle myself from him but to no avail. "Babe, I have to get up. We have to get up. Breakfast is going to be over soon."

"Just 10 more minutes." He pulled me closer to him and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck.

I chuckled. "No. Damon, come on." I sighed out. "What are we doing today?"

"I don't have anything planned today. But I thought you might want to see Time Square or Central Park."

"What about you?"

"I just want to see you happy." I gave him an unimpressed look. "Tara. I promise you, there is nothing that I really want to do today... other than you of course." He winked at me while I chuckled.

I successfully untangled myself from him as he sighed out. "Well we'll hang out here for a bit and then head out later?" He nodded his head and I went into the bathroom, using the toilet and then stripped off hopping into the shower. I washed my face and when I turned around to wet my hair a naked Damon was in front of me.

"You told me we had to get ready." He smirked at me while I rolled my eyes.

$$$

We are seated in the living room reading our books

We are seated in the living room reading our books. I'm reading Catcher in the Rye and Damon's reading Inkheart; plates littered the coffee table. Well when I say seated I mean Damon is in the corner of the L couch so I'm leaning up against him and he has his arm slung around my waist. "I love you." I froze and went through my brain making sure what he said is what I heard.

"What?"

"I love you, Tara Gilbert." I sat up and just looked at him to see him already looking to me. "I know I'm not the best person to be around most of the time but Kitty somehow you put up with me. I see you in my future and I really hope you see me in yours... because Tara, I'm nothing without you."

"I- what? How can you love someone so broken?"

"Easy. Your cute smile. Your sweet laugh. Your innocence and you're kind heart. All those things and more make me love you. I've been waiting for over a century for you." He grabbed my hand.

"I love you to, Damon Salvatore. Really." He pulled me towards him and planted a passionate kiss on my lips. A crash from the TV made us break apart. "I don't want to go back."

"We don't have to." I looked at him confused. "We can stay here."

"I can't. I can't leave Jenna to look after Jeremy and Elena. I can't leave Care and Bonnie. I can't leave Elena. She needs me right now. We have to go back tomorrow." I told him sorrowfully.

"Well it's been fun."

"It really has." I leant back against Day and went back to reading. "I love you."

"I know." I couldn't help smile at his stupid joke and laugh. Content is how I feel.