Chapter 1

Eva Bridger stood outside her home tower and placed her black gloved hands on the railing. Her long past-shoulder length black hair, showing a blue hue, blew against the wind from her back while her dark blue eyes surveyed her home town of Lothal. Her copper skin tone showed out from her face with her thin black eyebrows framing her forehead, with a small nose, thin lips, and soft cheekbones. Standing tall at 5 ft 4, and still growing, the fourteen year old watched as the Imperials began to recover from The Black Canary's latest attack. Smirking, Eva watched as the smoke forming the Canary dissipate before looking upwards to see a Imperial Star Destroyer flying over her tower creating a huge shadow over the sun.

Giving an evil smile, Eva headed downstairs quickly to check out what's new with the Imperial activity. She got onto her speeder and sped over to Lothal's capital city before parking it outside the city and hiding it within the tall reeds. Eva then went off into the city to see what to steal and what other Imperials to mess around with. Heading into the heart of the city, Eva looked at her surroundings around her and immediately spotted two Imperial officers surrounding a citizen with a couple baskets of yogans, and a squad of four troopers standing at the side.

Suddenly, an officer brought out his comm link and said, "This is LRC01, I'm bringing in a citizen under the charge of treason."

Two of the troopers grabbed the citizens arms and started lugging him away while the bigger officer took a hold of the yogan basket and began to eat one of them. "What? You can't do this," the citizen yelled out in protest.

The big officer chuckled and said, "Oh yeah? And who's gonna stop us? You? Or you?"

As he said those remarks to a couple of nearby citizens who was watching but immediately turned away when the officer pointed at them making the officer chuckle some more. "I might," said a mysterious voice from behind them in the alleyway of the shadows.

Suddenly, a piercing scream filled the air making everyone nearby cover their ears to avoid becoming deaf while the troopers removed their helmets, as their visors cracked and machinery sparked, and held their hands over their ears as well. No one noticed that while the scream, that was worse than a banshee scream and a ghosts wail combined, happened, the skinny officers comm link went missing and the scream disbanded. A few minutes later, everyone recovered to notice a black canary tag on the building to indicate The Black Canary had struck again.

Both officers grumbled angrily at being bested by that woman and stood up to recover, when the big officers comm link went off with an officer on the other end saying, "All units to the main square. This is a code red and black. The Black Canary is here."

"It's your lucky day, Lothal scum. You four come with us," the skinny officer snarled at the citizen while ordering the battered squad of troopers assigned to him to follow him.

The big officer knocked over the last yogan basket, on purpose, and ran off after the troopers and his partner. "Stay on alert. I repeat this is a code red and black," Eva said into the comm link before placing it on her belt.

"Thank you," the citizen said to Eva gratefully as he gave her a couple of yogans as a means of thanks.

"Thank you sir," Eva said gratefully and took out her last couple of credits before sighing.

'Looks like the payment I made off the stuff that I stole on my last job was cheaper than I expected. I might have to find another facility to hit or sell off some of my helmets,' Eva thought to herself sadly.

The citizen smiled and gave her four more yogans while taking the two credits from her. "But-," Eva began to protest before the citizen interrupted with a smile and places a hand over the yogans, that she held in both hands, saying, "Take it and it'll make me happy with helping you live."