Chapter 4

Eva sat in the co-pilot's chair, next to the Twi'lek who sat in the pilot's chair, very still and not making a sound. This made the Twi'lek confused as kids the Canary's age usually want to mess around and play in the seat. "You know that I'm not against this saving people from the Empire. I mean, I would stick my neck out for those who are innocent against these 'so-called' criminal charges the Empire drops on them. But doing this, without any form of a plan from start to finish, is sticking my neck out too far. Who does that without thinking rationally?" Eva asked to break the tense silence that lingered in the air as the ship passed through hyperspace.

"We do," the Twi'lek answered with confidence added to her tone while she gave a small smile to the young child.

The young girl showed a little smile before nodding her head and saying, "Respect," before looking forward and seeing the ship exit hyperspace and come across the Imperial Transport station holding the Wookies.

"Imperial Transport, this Starbird coming in," Hera said into the comns, all the kindness and compassion from her voice gone in an instant, going cold like an Imperial's voice.

"State your business," the Imperial said over the comm.

"Bounty. We have captured an additional Wookie prisoner and have orders to transfer him to you," Hera simply responded with a bored tone to it.

"We have no such orders," the Imperial said to which two Ties were deployed to fly over to the Ghost.

"That's fine. We already got paid. By Governor Tarkin. If you don't want the oversize monog, I'll jettison us out of here and let you explain to your superiors why the Empire has one less slave," Hera said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Permission to dock. Bay 1," the Imperial said after an agonizing few seconds of wait.

Hera smiled at Eva to which the kid smiled back in respect. Once the ship docked, the loading doors were opened and it was up to the rest of the team now to get the job done. "No guards on this floor. Security's pretty..." Kanan's voice was cut off by static.

"Spector 1 come in. Spector 4? Spector 5? Ugh, com's down," Hera said in frustration before realizing something, "No, not down. Jammed."

Suddenly, Eva felt something and said, in an eerily calm voice, "Something's coming."

She looked up to where she felt the feeling was coming from, Hera doing the same to see what the kid was talking about, and suddenly an Imperial Star Destroyer came out of hyperspace. "That's an Imperial Star Destroyer," Hera said in alarm.

"This whole thing was a setup," Eva exclaimed in shock.

"It's beginning to look that way," Hera said calmly as she pressed a few more buttons to try and slow their descent towards the Star Destroyer.

It worked to no avail, as they kept getting closer and closer. "You need to go onto that ship and warn them Canary," Hera said as she looked over at the kid.

"What? Why cant you do it?" Eva exclaimed in shock.

She understood the importance of saving others but she didn't understand the importance of a team after what happened that made her want to do things alone on her missions. "I need to be ready for us to take off or else none of us would stand a chance," Hera explained in hopes of having the kid go and get the crew.

"No way! Why would I risk my life for a bunch of stranger?" Eva objected knowing that no one on this crew trusted her because of her botching up one simple mission.

"Because Kanan risked his life for yours. If all you do is fight for your life then your life means nothing. They need you Miss Canary. They need you right now," Hera responded with a firm voice making Eva remember a time of when her mother used to say it when she was a kid and in trouble.