Family

Rose's P.O.V.

My name was Rosalie, but nearly everyone I knew called me Rose. I had no memory of my biological parents, and I didn't know where I originally came from, but I did know that the family that took me in was the nicest family in the world.

Arthur and Molly Weasley were the parents of seven children, eight when I was included in the count. They had very little money and always managed to somehow get by despite it.

Arthur worked for the Ministry of Magic in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts department. He always came home excited after working, and he'd come directly to me to tell me about the bewitched objects that he'd confiscated that day. I had been fascinated with magical creatures and the Muggle world, so hearing about what witches and wizards were doing with objects from that world intrigued me.

Molly was a stay at home mother. She had raised six boys, so by the time she had her only daughter Ginny and then added me to her family, she was excited to have a change. Ginny and I were always glued to her sides while she yelled and screamed at her sons, and once she was done punishing them, she'd watch us put on plays and often bought us dresses that weren't too expensive.

The oldest of the Weasley boys, William, wasn't as much of a trouble maker as his brothers. He was called Bill by everyone in the family, and the nickname had stuck to him when he went off to Hogwarts for his first year so many years ago. He stayed to himself, so I didn't know much about him, but he had the same passion for Quidditch that all the Weasleys had.

Percy, their third son, was the stuck up type. He wanted everything to be done perfectly and on time, so I often fought with him because I liked to take my time with the things I was doing.

Molly then had a set of twin boys, Fred and George, who did nothing but pull pranks and tricks on each other and everyone else they came into contact with on a daily basis. I had once been the victim of one of their pranks, the two boys dying my hair an odd color and being brutally scolded by their mother once she saw.

Ron was her last son. We were the same age, but we were complete opposites. Ron loved to do nothing but rough house with his brothers and practice Quidditch outside with them whenever he got the chance. I stayed inside and read books or sketched some of the magical creatures I could find illustrations of.

Ginny was the youngest child. She was shy and didn't speak much, and she hardly left Molly's side. She'd play with handmade dolls or dress up in whatever clothes Molly would knit for her.

My favorite out of the Weasley children was the second oldest son, Charles. We all called him Charlie. He was eight years older than me, but he treated me like I was his age. He had always tried to get me involved in whatever he was doing, and he'd compliment the creature sketches of mine he'd see. Charlie loved magical creatures. In fact, my love for them was his fault. He'd tell me and Ron bed time stories that included dragons, hippogriffs, and bowtruckles.