Letters Back And Forth

Rosalie,

Thank you for the Caramels. It was highly unnecessary, but I do appreciate them. They're hard to come by here. I've only found one shop that sells them, and they're out of stock nearly every time I've gone. It's fine that you haven't made any friends. You aren't the social type. That is more Ron than you. As for Ron's friends, you should at least tolerate them. This Hermione girl you spoke of must be intelligent and interested in your vast knowledge of magical creatures. The Potter boy seems nice as well. I'll have to thank him for giving you sweets if I ever meet him in person. Though, I'm sure Mother won't be pleased to know that your diet consists of Wrapped Caramels, Jelly Beans, and those dehydrating Salt Water Taffys you were so fond of years ago. Not much has happened here. We gathered another clutch of eggs. This time it was from a Hibredian Black. Very territorial creatures, they are. I did manage to find the arrow tip of a tail from one that must have been injured. I'm cleaning it off now and dulling the sides and tip a bit so you won't get injured. It's as hard as a rock and sharper than a knife. I would send it directly to you, but I don't think that's allowed within the school. I'll be mailing any of the treasures I find back home, and I'll be sure to have Mother handle them with care when she takes them to your room. I have to go now. I'll write to you again when I can.

Yours Truly,
Charles

~

Charlie,

I find it fascinating that you refuse to sign your letters with Charlie. Is it because I only ever called you Charles unless your family was around? Mother sent me a letter yesterday. She was furious that you sent what she classifies as a weapon to me, but she did put it in my room. She also sent a picture of it to me. Poor little Ginny used her hand to show the size of it. It's nearly twice the size of her hand. Hermione appreciated the picture. She had never heard of a Hibredian Black before. Ron wants to know if you've gotten to handle any Hungarian Horntails. I hope you haven't. Those monsters are the most dangerous of the entire Dragon species. I'm glad you're enjoying the candy. My diet does not consist of Salt Water Taffy. I haven't eaten those since I almost died of dehydration. I do tend to eat too many Wrapped Caramels. I feel like you're with me when I eat them. You'd always share them with me, along with Orange Slices. I know you hated those things. Mum says Ron is childish for saying I fancy you. I am only eleven, and you're nineteen now. She told him in a letter to grow up and stop teasing me, and that it's okay if I fancy you. She also said I'm too young to love anyone that way. Classes are about to start. I'm starting the day with Potions class, and Professor Snape isn't the nicest person. I'm not in any of Ron's classes until later in the day. We have Transfiguration class together. I'll write to you again later.

Sincerely,
Rose

~

Rosalie,

You were telling the truth about Ron saying you fancy me? I thought that was a joke, so I didn't particularly say anything about it. Focus on school for now, Rose. I'm not that important, and Mum was right about you being too young to focus on things like love. As for Ron teasing you, tell him that he'll have to deal with more than just Mum if he keeps it up. He shouldn't be teasing you for something so little. As for the Orange Slices, they weren't too terrible. The flavor was alright. It was the texture that was unpleasant to me. I only ever ate them because you enjoyed them, and you'd cry everytime I'd tell you I didn't want one. Mum got angry at me once because I had made you cry so hard that you fell asleep. I felt horrible for it, and I would help you with your dragon sketches until you forgave me. I even have one of your more detailed sketches framed. I wasn't able to bring it with me, but I do have it on my nightstand back home. I should have brought it with me but in the rush to catch my flight two years ago, I wasn't able to grab it. I'll try and come home this Christmas, or I'll ask Mum to send you here. I wouldn't let you go anywhere near the Dragons, so she may let you come. Don't get your hopes up, Rose.

Yours Truly,

Charles

~

Charlie,

Everyone keeps telling me I cried a lot when I was younger. Mum said I cried most when whatever happened had something to do with you. She told me once that I wouldn't let go of your leg when you were heading off to your First Year at Hogwarts. I didn't realize I was so clingy toward you. I guess I really do like you more than the other Weasley children. You were usually the only one that could tolerate me. Bill was too old to deal with a crying child, Percy doesn't like anything that would ruin his perfect atmosphere, the twins were always too busy messing with others to really notice me, and Ron didn't particularly like always having to cheer me up. That reminds me. Mum said that she can't afford to send me to Romania, and she doesn't want you spending your money on a plane ticket there and back for either of us. Looks like she wants you to stay there another year. She probably doesn't want me having yet another meltdown from you leaving. I doubt any of us would really go without tearing up if you were here and then had to leave us. It's been nearly three years since you were at home, and you haven't come to visit at all since you left for Romania shortly after graduating. I was hoping you'd be here to see me off for my First Year, but I understood you were getting to actually deal with the Dragons rather than sit back and watch. Not being able to see you at Christmas either makes it harder. It's been nearly three months since school started, and I still haven't made any friends. There is one boy, a student from Slytherin, who continues to torment everyone who isn't in his house. His name is Draco Malfoy. We all call him Malfoy. He always has these two big goons following him around. I don't know their names, but they seem to be to stupid to do anything on their own. I'm passing all of my classes. I met Rubeus Hagrid. You neglected to mention that he was a half-giant. He said that, while you were at school, you loved to talk about different creatures with him. He also mentioned that you spoke about me a lot, and he was excited to finally meet the little girl that his best student continuously spoke of. He very happily told me that, if I was anything like you, he's looking forward to teaching me during my Third Year and that he'd gladly keep me in the Care of Magical Creatures classes if that's what I wanted. Professor McGonagall says my Transfiguration magic could use some work, but I was doing better than a lot of the Griffindor students in my class. Professor Snape keeps comparing me to Percy, and he says that my potion making skills are nothing compared to when he was in his First Year. If I remember correctly, Percy wasn't even the best in his class, but he was one of the strongest potion makers of his First Year. I suspect that Professor Snape doesn't like me. I get every potion correct. No mistakes, no explosions, no wrong reactions. All of my classmates had those problems, but I didn't. Hermione is yelling my name. I have to go study with her for Herbology. I'll write again when I'm not so exhausted.

Sincerely,

Rose