Summer Starts

Rose's P.O.V.

My first year at Hogwarts had ended strange. Harry had fought He Who Must Not Be Named and had survived yet again. I had passed all of my classes, being the second smartest student in my entire year. Hermione had a grade average that totaled up to a point below me, and the smartest first year was a boy from Hufflepuff.

"Relax, Hermione. There's always next year. Being the top student isn't all too important anyway." I said as we walked side by side to the school train.

"Easy for you to say. You have five older siblings to help you out. I'm an only child." She huffed.

"None of my brothers help me, Hermione. The only one who taught me anything was Charlie, and his knowledge only comes in handy during Care of Magical Creatures. We can't even take that class until Third Year."

"So what are you doing for summer?"

"Well I was going to spend most of it at home. Charlie wants Mum to send me over to Romania for a month, so I'll be over there until school starts up again."

"You're actually going to Romania?!"

"Of course. I won't be anywhere near the dragons Charlie handles, which is a bit of a let down, but he doesn't want Mum to have a mental breakdown if I got hurt. He's been caring for Hungarian Horntails recently, and they're the most dangerous species of dragon."

"That's so cool. I'll just be spending the entire summer at home with my parents."

"They're Muggles, aren't they?"

"Yeah."

~

"Get a good night's rest, Rose. We'll be heading to the airport tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? I thought I was spending time here and then going to Romania. Am I going there first?"

"Your father and I decided that it's best you get all the time you can with Charlie, so you'll be spending the entire summer with him."

~

"Stay calm. Airplanes aren't that bad, and Charlie will be waiting for you when you get there."

"Mum, I'll be fine."

"I'm going to send an owl to Charlie so he can know when you'll be landing. Behave while you're there, and stay away from those dragons. I don't want my baby getting hurt."

Molly ran her hand through my hair as she hugged me. The rest of the family was at home, lost deep in their slumbers.

"I want you to write at least four times." Molly whispered.

"Mum, I've got to go!" I laughed.

I waved at her as I boarded the plane. One of the flight attendants led me to my seat and explained that since I was so young I had an entire row of seats to myself. I took the window seat, setting my carry-on luggage in the seats beside me.

~

"Rose!"

"Charlie!"

Charlie laughed as I jumped into his arms. He was waiting for me at baggage claim. His hair, which seemed to have been recently cut but still reached down to his shoulders at its longest length, was tied back in a partial ponytail. I quickly ripped the hair tie out of his hair, smiling as the ginger locks fell to frame his face.

"Ready to go, Kiddo?" Charlie smiled while he looked at me.

"I just have to grab my bags." I pointed to the long conveyer belt for baggage claim.

"Is it still the dragon scale suitcase?"

"Yeah."

He set me down, and we waited for the suit case. It had taken a while, and Charlie had almost pulled out his wand to use a summoning charm when it made its way onto the conveyer belt. I grabbed the handle and pulled it off the conveyer belt. Charlie chuckled and leaned down. He pressed his lips to my forehead and took my hand as he led the way outside. I was confused when he pulled me to a spot where we couldn't be seen. He slid his wand out of his shoe, and he smiled at me as he tapped the end of it to my suit case. I gasped as it disappeared out of my hands. He did the same to my book bag, and he pulled me against his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and stared at me as he swished his wand around. We were suddenly in the middle of a small apartment, my luggage at our feet.

"Apparition?" I breathed.

"Fastest way to travel besides Floo Powder." Charlie smiled as he twirled his wand in his hand.

"But we can't Apparate."

"Correction, Rose. You can't Apparate. You still attend school and your magic is under heavy detection by the Ministry. I graduated from school two years ago and can use magic as much as I want."

"Oh." I watched as he set his wand down on the coffee table that was sitting in the middle of what I assumed was a living room. "I'm so used to none of us being allowed to use magic because of school. I always forget that you and Bill are free to use it whenever you need to."

Charlie hummed as he once again put his hair up into a partial ponytail. I looked down at the hair tie I held in my hand and tried to do the same as him. He laughed and walked up to me when I struggled to do it on my own.

"I'm guessing Mum never puts your hair up." He said.

He snapped his fingers, and a brush magically appeared in his hand. I was so amazed but his skills with magic that I didn't notice he had slipped behind me. He was gentle as he brushed my hair. His fingers slid across my neck as he pulled my hair up into a ponytail. He stepped in front of me, and a bright smile lit up his face.