Unbreakable Curse

Rose's P.O.V.

"Char.....lie?"

His name rolled off of my tongue as I stared at him. He had tears rolling down his face, and his skin was pale. He was covered in sweat, his hair and his thin shirt sticking to his skin like glue.

"Rose?" He whispered in disbelief.

"Charlie." I repeated, my voice stronger this time.

Charlie pulled me against his chest, and he began to sob. His shoulders shook violently as he held his forehead to mine.

"God, Rose." He croaked.

I was taken by surprise when he pressed his lips to mine.

~

"How is this possible? She died!"

"There may have been something we couldn't detect at work on her."

"Like what?"

"There are several Protection Curses that can be casted on individuals. Some are casted onto a mother's child. Others are casted on relatives or friends. There is one Protection Curse that cannot be casted willingly."

"And which Curse is that?"

"The Lover's Curse. It's a Curse that is casted between two children at young ages. It may even be between two children with rather spacious age gaps. It's a bind that ties the two to each other from the moment they meet. The oldest is unharmed by the Curse, but the youngest is incapable of dying until the older one dies first. It's an unexplainable Curse and is incredibly rare."

Charlie sat on a row of bleachers set up in the Great Hall. I was sitting directly in front of him. His head rested on my shoulder while he ran his hands up and down my arms. Molly had gotten the attention of several wizards who spent their lives studying curses, and only one was able to explain how it was that I had come back to life from Charlie's kiss.

"I got myself killed." I whispered.

"I understand that." Charlie muttered. "You still got hurt. It doesn't matter if it was your fault or not."

"Fred died, too. It isn't fair that he can't come back."

"Rose, don't go there."

"But it isn't, Charlie." I moved so I was sitting on his lap sideways, my arms locked around his neck. "Fred had so much more potential. He had his own business with George, and everybody loved him."

"Fred was going to spend his life selling Prank items and Trick toys. Sure, he would keep children happy, but I'm sure if Fred was here and had been the one to come back, he'd be saying that he'd rather be dead then having you laying on the floor." Charlie whispered, his voice low so his family couldn't hear.

I placed my hands on his neck and stared into his sky blue eyes. Charlie's eyes almost always held happiness. Now the sky blue orbs were clouded with grief and sorrow.

"Charlie, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." I brushed a few strands of hair away from his eyes.

~

"You're not coming."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to."

My heart shattered at Charlie's words. A week had passed since the defeat of Voldemort, and the Wizarding world was returning to normal. Charlie had stayed with the family for the week to mourn over his dead brother. Now he stood in his bedroom, his back to me as he packed to leave.

"But, Charlie, I'm seventeen now. I don't have to stay here." I said.

"You didn't finish your Seventh Year. They're finishing construction at the school, and the students will be returning there. You're going to do the same." He didn't even look at me as he spoke.

"So it was okay for George and Fred to drop out before graduating? Or what about Ron not even attending his Seventh Year?"

"Fred and George started a business after dropping out. Ron didn't go because he was busy helping Harry save the world."

"That's not fair! I don't need to go to school! I can learn everything I need to know from you!"

"Right, because I haven't done enough damage to you, have I?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You've done nothing but run your mouth about the magical creatures you've researched or sketched. Now you're begging me to come to Romania after it's been only a week since you've died and come back to life because of a stupid Curse."

"I love what I've learned. I was happy to handle those baby dragons five years ago. I don't want to go to Romania just because that's where you'll be at. I want to be a dragon handler."

"No. Stay here for another year. Finish school. If you still want to be in Romania by the time your eighteenth birthday rolls around, I'll come and get you."

"How can I trust you'd keep your word?"

"What does that mean?"

"You promised me five years ago that you'd give me a real kiss on my seventeenth birthday. Our first kiss was after I was already dead, long after my birthday!"

"Rose, stop. This argument isn't going to change my mind."

"Maybe I should've stayed dead."

Charlie's entire body froze at my words. I turned my back on him and walked away, slamming his bedroom door as I left.