The Innocent Boy

Prologue;

The sky was cloudless, Addison noticed as he laid on the itchy grass to observe the beautiful blue. Above, the sun's bright light made the Earth look more lovely. He was little then, about seven years old. He was in second grade, had a best friend who's name is Willow and loved observing the Earth's qualities.

He wondered if this would ever change. If he'd get tired of being so observant and do some things that were more...adventurous. I guess when he grew up he'd find out, right? He'd find out who his friends were, who he could trust and how life treats him. But for right now, he was going to stay like this.

He's going to grasp it in his little hands and hold onto it for as long as possible. He loved being different, but he also knew that someday he'd grow out of this little cherade he did. Just not right now, he didn't want to change just yet. He wanted to stay a little kid for a while longer.

And he planned on it. He didn't want to grow up so quickly, that was boring. He loved being young, because nothing could hurt you then. No one could break you, no one could betray your trust. You were invincible. He was invincible. Addison liked the feel of happiness and trust. 

He also knew that it wouldn't last that long, he'd have to grow up some time. Just not yet.