Chapter 2 - Hurt

The song goes good with this chapter, so I hope you enjoy. 

~*~*~*~

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked, looking up at the boy that ruined my life. Why was he at this school?! He moved! Didn't he?

He chuckled, a smirk across his face. "That's no way to greet an old friend, is it?" Willow scoffed beside me, sending Derek a glare.

"Old friend? More like-" I poked his side, shaking my head pleadingly. Willow sighed, rubbing his face in exhaustion. I felt an arm wrap around my waist, looking up I saw William, making my heart beat faster.

"I think you should leave my boyfriend alone, we don't want any trouble." He spoke, his eyes boring into Derek's. I blushed, biting my lip. Did he just say I was his?! Nah, it was just for pretend, right? He was trying to save me from hurt again.

"Whatever, I'll talk to you later Addi." He walked away, my eyes instantly looking into William's. He gave me a small smile before pulling away. I instantly felt empty.

"T-thank you for that..i-it means a lot." I told him, smiling back. But damn, did I always stutter around this kid?! I'm surprised I didn't annoy him!

"No problem, babe. Hey, can we hang out tomorrow, maybe? For the project, you know?" I nodded quickly, smiling. He gave me one last grin, before walking out of the doors and headed to the parking lot.

I looked back at Will who was smirking at me. I groaned, hurriedly walking to his truck. "I think he likes you, Addison!" He sang, causing me to shake my head.

"He barely even knows me, Willow. Just, let it go. Okay?" I told him, leaning against his red beat up truck.

"Maybe he's making an excuse to get to know you-" I shot him a glare, that instantly shutting him up. Willow unlocked the doors, sliding into the driver's seat. On our way home, I closed my eyes, trying to think of something else.

"I can't come over today, I have to help out my mom. Is that okay?" I looked over at him, nodding slowly. Great, that means I have to deal with my parent's constant arguing by myself! When Willow came over they would shut up, usually he left around 10, so I was going to sleep then, that's when they would start to argue about god knows what, again.

"You'll be alright, Add. Just stay in your room, draw, do something to distant yourself. You know?" I rubbed my eyes, sighing. He pat my shoulder in a brotherly way before pulling into my driveway. "Stay strong, shorty." I stuck my tongue out at him before sliding out of the truck and slamming the door. I quickly sprinted up the steps, walking inside.

"No Bill, don't feed me your shit!" My mom yelled, making me flinch. They never noticed me when fighting. So I walked by, unnoticed, once again.

"I didn't sleep with her! I wouldn't lie to you!" He growled, pounding the wall. I heard footsteps, so I quickly locked myself in my room, wiping my eyes. When mom didn't answer him he yelled, "Tell that faggot son of yours that he has chores to do!" I broke into a loud sob, closing my eyes tightly. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean it. I thought to myself, whimpering.

He did mean it.