Papí (Quince)

Loud music, booze, and fellow teenagers. All the things I hate at one time filling the bottom floor of my home all so my older cousin can celebrate existing for sixteen years, who cares? Obviously not anyone that's here, they're all too selfish to care. Especially Vincent Fuentes, he's the worst kind of selfish, he takes people for granted.

Right now he's somewhere in the sea of people holding onto a blonde whore with a short skirt and cheap perfume. I shouldn't care that it's not me he's showing off to his drunken buddies but I do. I really do! I want to be the girl at his side, all while hating him. I truly hate him, because he made me think I was special and gave me hope. Then he turns around and throws it in my face like I some cheap date.

Something in me snaps and I start across the pack dance floor pushing drunken fools out of my way as I go. I catch a glimpse of his thick brown hair as I pull open the front door. I know he's on my heels and that's exactly what I want, he should be the one chasing me! I'm Dean Quinn Sanders, the girl he wants, the one he craves. It's too bad really because I actually sorta liked him. But he's gone to far, he's pushed me to the side one too many times and he cannot redeem himself today.

I make it to the parking lot of our apartment building and the San Diego night air is warm and soothing. It kisses the exposed skin of my arms and legs which cannot be covered by my red blouse and black leather mini skirt. I have my back to the building as Vincent joins me, I know it's him even though I'm not looking at his face. His shadow is long on the asphalt thanks to the yellow street lamp. His breathing is harsh and exasperated, he's drunk, clearly or he won't have kissed that skank but that doesn't excuse him.

"I'm sorry-" He begins but I hold up a finger and unlock the white 16 passenger van that is a few feet in front of me. He is silent as I climb in the front seat and dig in the glovebox. All I can think about is his pink plump lips on her's and angry boils up inside me. I slam the van door and lock them insuring he nor anyone else can stop me. I cut on the over head light as I feel the familiar leathery paper of a blunt, the faintest smile crosses my lips as I search for a lighter. Quietly I think God for my uncle Jimmy and his weed addiction. Once the lighter is found and the blunt is lit I cut off the over head light and lean the seat back.

I can feel Vincent's coffee brown eyes boring a hole in my skull but I ignore him. I watch the thick smoke roll off the blunt and fill the van. Everything is quite, the party is on some other planet and I'm at peace, or at least I am until Vincent starts tapping on the window. I roll my eyes and take a long drag, this seems to bother him because he starts talking.

"Quinn, let me in." He pleads but I simply hold up a bird and continue smoking. Of course I know he's not going away, Vincent is a lot of things: Annoying, selfish, hot, and most notably persistent. He raps on the window for a minute or so before moving to the passenger door, he pulls the handle to no avail.

"Please Quinn." He begs. This time I see his pouty expression and give in, I hit the unlock button and he opens the door. Once he's inside I lock the door again and pass him the blunt without a word. He takes it and inhales deeply.

"I shouldn't have kissed her. I knew it would make you mad, that's what I wanted not to kiss some hoe." He explains and for some reason I believe him.

"That's a stupid fucking reason to put your lips on someone else! Not only does it hurt me, it's also selfish! God, you are so selfish! Can't you see I lov-" I pause too afraid of my own feelings, "Can't you see I really fucking care about you? Or was that another Quinn's young and dumb mistakes on my part?"

"Quinn-" He begins I stop him this time by putting my hand on his crouch. He is warm and shocked by my boldness but I want him to shut the hell up. I wanna make him mine, no one else's mine. He needs to know I'm the only girl he can touch, look at, or think about.