Ch.6: Jasmine and Jake?

I got home from school and went straight up to my bedroom to complete my math homework. While I was laid down on my bed doing my assignments, I felt my phone vibrate. I received a text message from my ex best friend, Jake.

Jake: Look outside your window.

I got up from the comfort of my bed, pulled my Hello Kitty curtains aside, and saw him standing outside my window holding a box of Lindor Truffles, my favorite chocolates, on one hand, and some pretty pink flowers on the other.

"What is it Jake? Did you want to show off the gifts you're about to give your girlfriend Salina?! I yelled out.

"No...I have something important I want to tell you, can you please come outside?" He pleaded.

I really didn't want to hear what he had to say knowing how much of a hypocrite he was for dating my rival Salina, but it seemed like he did have something important to tell me since he came all the way to my house with gifts, so I decided to go outside.

I walked towards the back to where my window was to find Jake meeting me half-way and we bumped into each other.

"Uh ... Sorry Jaz...." He reached down to grab the chocolate box that fell and handed it to me along with those pink flowers.

"Umm...thanks...."

I took the chocolates and flowers, stuffed them neatly into my bag, and started to walk away.

"...but I'm still mad at you." I replied

"That's understandable. I was being a very bad friend. Instead of trying to comfort you about what happened at the club, I disowned you." Jake said while taking baby steps towards me.

"Yea, and then you went out with Salina! And I explained to you the reason why we hated her!" I added still walking away from him.

"I only dated her so that..."

"She could take your virginity!?" I said quickly cutting him off.

I stopped walking and Jake finally caught up to me. He grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. I gazed into his beautiful gray eyes.

"Look, I apologize for acting like such a jerk to you. Best friends should not treat their best friend that way." He stated while still glaring into my eyes.

"Well then that just means you're not a true..."

Jake cut me off by pressing his index finger upon my lips.

"Shoosh...I really care for you Jasmine. I've always liked you since the day we met when I was feeling down when my dad came home drunk. You comforted me like a true friend would. Jaz...I need someone like you in my live that would always be there for me no matter what, and I know for sure that you're just the right girl." He whispered in a smooth calming voice.

There was a short silence, he looked up into the grayish-blue New York City sky, and then continued on talking.

"I always tried to show you how I felt, but you always tried to maintain things on the cool, best friend level when I always seek for more than just friends."

"You're telling me all of these things...but what about your girlfriend? Did you forget all about her or something?" I asked not trying to forget about the fact that he is dating Salina.

"I don't want her, I want you Jasmine." He said while wrapping his arms around me like he had me!

For some reason, I didn't mind so much. I realized that I really liked Jake too; he was always a great friend. I was too caught up in Kevin to even recognize and consider him being boyfriend material at the time.

"Okay Jake... I'll give you a chance to be my man; but you better not screw up and be a jerk again!" I said as I put my arms around his shoulders while his remained around my waist to seal the deal.

I was his and he was mine.

I finally got Salina back for what she done to me, and I couldn't be any happier than this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! =)

Sorry it too sooooo long to upload and also the fact that it's kinda shorter than the other's.

I started school and I've been very busy lately.