▷ 03.

It was perfectly normal to feel nervous about a cute boy coming to my apartment, right? I'm sure every girl gets a feeling of panic whenever they make plans to hang out with a boy in their personal space, but not every girl is inviting a celebrity to their apartment. It was fine though, it was just work. He wants to talk about marketing for the album, that's it.

Although if he did want to talk about something more, could I complain? I shook my head in an attempt to go that thought out of my head. I had barely been home off work for ten minutes and my mind was probably just looking for an excuse to stress about something other than school.

I had shoved all the dirty laundry that was laying around my house into my bedroom. I would hate for a client to think I'm unorganized. I'm very organized except for when it comes to laundry. I can never manage to muster the energy I need at the end of the day to fold it and put it back in my closet. It's not like I sleep in my own room much anyways, it's more of a home office with a bed instead of a desk. My couch was my bed and it looked very evident.

I was reorganizing the decorative pillows that should belong on my couch onto my couch instead of my floor when I heard the inevitable knock at the door. I took a deep breath and opened the front door with a wide smile.

"Hey Luke! Come on in. You can sit on the couch or at the table." I said as I stepped to the side of the door so he could walk in. He walked in and looked all around my apartment. Oh gosh, he's going to bring up your microwave. You should've tried to fix it.

"Your apartment looks nice, it's really clean. But I kind of predicted that; you don't seem like a messy person." Luke said with a smile on his face. He sat down on my couch and I walked into the kitchen to grab two water bottles. I looked inside my fridge to see if there was anything I could offer him to eat but it was rather empty. I needed to go grocery shopping desperately. I walked backed into the living room and handed him the water bottle. "Thanks," he said. "Who's that in that big picture?" He questioned.

I took a sip of my water bottle and looked at the picture he was referring to. It was a large family portrait that my mother insisted I took when I moved out. "It's a family portrait. My mom and dad," I pointed to them in the picture. "My sister Carolina, and me." I said with a smile. "But my family isn't really interesting. Did you have any specific marketing ideas for your album? Because I was thinking you could really profit on this being the first album back after the hiatus."

He nodded and continued to glance around my apartment. "Are you close to them?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"Uh, yeah. I was really close to Lina growing up because our high school had around seven hundred kids total. Even though she was a senior when I was a freshmen, she was truly my best friend. She's the reason I did cheer in high school." I said.

"What about your parents?"

"I was really close to both of them until seventh grade. My dad got a job that actually brought him out here to LA. It's about six hour drive back to where I'm from so he couldn't come home too often because he worked basically all the time, even weekends. We would come down about every three months and go to Disneyland for a weekend with him but that was it. He switched jobs about three months before I graduated high school because he didn't want my mom to be alone."

"Where does your sister live?"

"She actually lives in Australia," his eyes lit up at this. Why would he care where Lina lives? "She lives in Gold Coast. It's like a ten hour drive from Sydney. She's a marine biologist and after she graduated college, she got an amazing job offer at Sea World there."

"That's so cool, I've been to that Sea World on holiday before. Have you ever been to Australia to visit her?"

"No, she usually comes home for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I keep wanting to go visit her during the summer though."

"You totally should! I'll be back in Sydney in summer. You and I could hang out in Australia!" He exclaimed. I don't know why he was so enthusiastic about hanging out with me in Australia. It seems like that'd be a mighty far way to go to discuss marketing for an album that should be out by the time summer rolls around.

"Maybe, who knows. I'd have to start saving my money like... Yesterday." I said with a chuckle.

"Think about it. Luke and 'Brielle taking on Australia together!"

"Did you just call me Brielle?"

"Yeah, short for Gabrielle. Right? Is it Briella?"

"No, no. It's Gabrielle. No one's ever called me Brielle before though."

"I figured. That's why it's going to be my nickname for you."

Luke Hemmings has a nickname for me. 

AUTHORS NOTE

this is borderline garbage?? but like.... today in my history class all i could think about was writing this but it was like Major Plot Things and not things that could happen in chatper 3 yanno? so this is def a kinda "get to know the characters" type of chapter also can we talk about how frick fracking oblivious gabi is?? also i've been listening to the 5sos complete playlist on spotify and all it does is make me cry like have yall heard the she looks so perfect ash demo?? like i heard it years ago and kinda forgot about it and then when i was driving it came on and i had to pull over because i was crying too hard lmao