▷ 09.

Despite the fact that I had been interning at a record label for nearly a year, I had never stepped foot into a recording studio until today. The walls were plastered with album covers and vintage guitars signed by musicians famous throughout the decades. There was a leather couch facing the actual recording room that I was sitting on while watching Luke and the other boys sing.

"It don't matter, be combative or be sweet cherry pie. It don't matter as long as I get all you tonight." Luke sung into the microphone. He looked at me with a smile and I smiled back at him. I couldn't lie and say I was kind of disappointed with being here. I thought I'd get to hang out with Luke instead of watching him through a window but it felt nice to be able to support him.

I was interrupted and quickly turned around when I heard someone call my name. Ashton was walking into the room with a carrier full of drinks. "What are you doing here?" He questioned with a grin on his face. I doubt you can find Ashton without a smile on his face. He seems so unbelievably all the time and it certainly rubbed off on those he was with.

"Oh, Luke texted me and invited me to come watch you guys. How come you aren't there?" He sat down on the opposite end of the couch from me, setting the drink carrier on an end table on his side.

He pulled out a cup and took a sip from a straw. "I don't really sing in that song, that's all. I'm sorry I didn't get you a drink, I had no idea you would be here." He stated. "Next time I'll be prepared and get you something even if you aren't here. What do you drink?"

How did I manage to get caught up with these four boys that seemed to be literal angels? They were all so kind despite the fame. "I always get a strawberry lemonade, no matter where it's from. But don't stress about getting me anything! I don't think me coming here will be a regular occurrence or anything."

He nodded. "Well that's too bad because you've got taste in memes." He was referring to the fact that ever since he texted me on the disastrous lunch-not-date day, we had been sending each other memes back and forth. "I didn't think 'here come dat boi' memes would still be funny after all this but I nearly suffocated laughing from that one." I laughed and heard the door of the studio open up. The three boys who were inside filed out and sat around on the various lounging items in the small room.

Luke sat in between me and Ashton on the couch. "How'd you like the song?" He seemed very in his element here. People say pregnant women have a certain glow to them. I think Luke has a certain glow to him while he sings.

"It was really good. It sounds really different. You're so ridiculously talented, too." I looked at him and then turned to the face the entire group of boys. "You're all so incredibly talented. I might be a little biased since I basically owe my career to you guys, but I don't think there's any other band that sounds exactly like you guys do. You guys have a great sound." I told them.

"Well thank you," Michael spoke up. "But stop giving us all the credit for you getting a job. You're clearly a hard worker. Not many people would bother actually trying to know us in a friend way rather than a client way." I smiled and thanked him.

I think these boys are all truly sent from above and are legitimate angels. The conversation shifted to the boys talking about some video game - Forknife? - and I scrolled through twitter on my phone. I had managed to zone out all the video game conversation and didn't snap back to reality until I felt Luke take ahold of my hand. I looked at him and the glow was still there, but it looked like it had intensified. He turned to smile at me then went back to the conversation.

After much too long Calum suggested we should all go get drinks to celebrate the good recording day. Before I could say anything, Luke interjected. "That sounds awesome Cal but me and Gabi were going to get dinner. Maybe on Saturday?" He suggested and everyone nodded. Luke stood up with my hand still in his and together we told the boys goodbye and walked out of the room.

Once we were halfway down the hallway I spoke up. "Hey Luke?" He made a questioning noise that I took as a reply. "I really want to get dinner with you but I have a math test tomorrow." I said with disappointment strong in my voice. I wanted to stay with Luke all night long and see him in his element, I just wanted to watch him thrive. Of course school had to ruin it.

His eyes widened. "Shit, I had no idea. You should go home and study. Education is important." I smiled at him.

"Thank you Luke. How about Friday we go on a real dinner date?" I wish I could've gone tonight. I should go tonight. No Gabi, stop. "We can go to some actually fancy restaurant and wear fancy clothes. It'll be cute."

He nodded. "Yeah, I like that idea." Luke smiled and walked with me, hand in hand, to my car. Once I had pulled my keys out and got inside my car, he tapped on the window. I rolled it down so he could talk. "Goodnight Brielle. Thank you for coming today, it meant a lot." He said. I nodded and started my car."

"Goodnight Luke." I told him with a smile and drove off into the night to study for a math test. 

AUTHORS NOTE 

uhh yikes. i know damn well this isnt great and i tried really hard to make it great but like I Just Couldn't. but i already started chapter ten and thats a bajillion times better than this so hopefully yall can forgive me for this being less than ideal and i promise to come through for chapter ten!

qotc 

what is/was everyone's favorite subject in school? i'm definitely an english kid!