Lola

HELLO TO THE WOLRD I AM ONCE AGAIN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. It's kinda sad how much I depend on technology now :P but anyways, here is a new chapter and I hope you enjoy it! A new character is introduced and I hope you like the character as much as I do!

Thanks for all of the votes, comments, and reads. :) you are all apart of my cool squad.

Enjoy!

*unedited don't judge me lol I wrote this on a plane*

***

"Zaph?" I heard Jacen call as his footsteps neared my own.

I sprinted out of the room, slamming the door shut just as Jacen had arrived at it. He looked at me funny.

"Is everything ok?" I nodded ferociously, my hands resting on the cool wood of the closed door.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Ready to go?" I asked, trying to sound calm despite my rapidly pacing heart.

As we made our way down the stairs and to the car, I silently wondered why I hadn't told Jacen.

***

The grass on Jacen's front lawn was probably my favorite feature of his house even though it wasn't actually in his house.

I did my fifth cartwheel across his lawn, smiling at my new playground.

"Ok, that's enough." Jacen was leaning against his car attempting to look cool. I knew, though, that he was actually a loser because he wasn't having fun with me.

"That's enough for you, but I still have a lot of pent up energy. I'll just meet you inside," I said mid cartwheel.

My muscles were beginning to burn slightly and my vision was distorted, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of thinking that I complied to him.

I loved being difficult.

"And leave you unattended in my house? That would probably be the stupidest decision I could make."

Was that supposed to be non-offensive?

I didn't grace him with a comment after that remark. I switched to frolicking because I had gotten too dizzy, but I was still having fun.

The sky was above me and the grass was under my feet, until I was swept off the ground and thrown over Jacen's hard shoulder.

It was difficult to breathe with his shoulder bone digging into my stomach, limiting room to move.

I became extremely lightheaded from the quick movement considering the fact that I was still dizzy from the cartwheels.

"Put me down you big oaf!" I slapped Jacen's back, forming a rhythm.

"Would you stop that?" He snapped. His hand slid down to the back of my thigh, holding me in place as I continued to squirm in his arms.

"Will you put me down?" I asked grumpily.

"Not until we get to the room," he answered while walking up the staircase at the entrance of the house.

"If I slapped you in the Adam's apple would you let me go?"

"Don't even think about it." I pouted. Yeah, that probably wouldn't have the best outcome.

So I placed my elbow on his shoulder and rested my chin on my open palm, because there really wasn't much else I could do.

It felt like an eternity before we got to the room I would be staying in, even though it wasn't too far down the hallway connected to the winding staircase.