I'd Give My Life For You

Dan was worried. His father, the king, had just received a threat letter from a rival kingdom.

They had threatened to take their kingdom to expand theirs, and would stop at nothing to get what the felt was rightfully theirs.

The two kingdoms had gone to war before, but that was a long time ago... why were they now wanting to bring destruction back to the peaceful lands? Dan didn't know... but they had mentioned him in their threat as well.

The letter had said that they would take Prince Daniel to their kingdom, where he would marry their king.

Dan didn't want to marry the king. The king of the rival kingdom was Ross O'Donovan, and Dan wanted nothing to do with him.
Besides, the young prince already had someone in mind, someone he longed to marry...

The someone was the knight and Dan's best friend, Arin Hanson.

Dan was madly in love with the knight, and he knew the knight shared the same strong emotion.

Dan longed to have him all for himself... but he knew it was never meant to be...
For he was already in an arranged marriage with a king from another kingdom. (Everyone wants to marry him!)

That king was Mark Fischbach. He was a kind hearted king who cared deeply for his kingdom.
Dan knew the king and knew he was a nice man, but he didn't want to marry him, either.

Dan let out a heavy sigh.

The rival kingdom would be here in a matter of days...

What were they going to do...?
~~~

It was utter chaos.

Bodies of knights from both kingdoms strewn about the battle field.

Dan had insisted on fighting to help protect his kingdom, claiming that he would protect this land until his very last breath.

He was dueling with a knight from the rival kingdom. He was much older than he was and much more experienced with swords.

Dan then noticed other knights surrounding him...
He couldn't battle all of them...
He would surely die.

But he would also die if he didn't try and fight.

He attempted to hit one of the knights, but they ended up knocking the sword from his grip.
Oh god...
I'm going to die...

But then he remembered...
Ross wanted to marry him.
So he wouldn't be killed.
He'd be kidnapped.

The knights surrounded Dan and grabbed him. Dan yelled and thrashed, trying to escape their grip.

"Let him go!"

Dan turned his head and saw Arin.

"Arin! No! You can't face them all on your own!" Dan cried out.

"Dan, I told you that if it ever came down to this, I would give my life to save you!" Arin called back.

Dan did remember that promise...
He began to tear up.

"Arin! Please! Don't try to fight them!!" He pleaded, but it was too late...
Arin had already charged towards the knights, attacking them.

He managed to get a few down, but one managed to sneak around and stand behind Arin.

"Arin, move!!" Dan yelled. He couldn't help Arin, for there were still some knights that were holding onto him.

Arin reacted to late...

The knight thrusted the swears forward, hitting Arin directly in the lower back.

"NO!!" Dan screamed as Arin collapsed.

The knights began to drag Dan away.

"Let go of me!! You're all bastards!!" Dan kicked and screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks.

He ended up firing himself out, his throat sore and his body weak.
The knights took Dan to the kingdom where they presented him to Ross.

Ross was pleased.

Dan ended up marrying the king, but he had no choice...

Now Dan sat awake, his body bare and covered in scars from war. He looked out the large window and stared at the moon.

He didn't know if Arin was dead or not...

He hoped, he begged, he prayed that he wasn't...

He began to cry.

He wished he had died...

But this punishment was worse than death.

[[A/N: Hope this was Alright :') I tried my best. And, you don't even know if Arin is alive or dead. That's up to you ;) ]]