I Love You, But You Didn't Understand How Much

(This was an idea given to me by a friend! If you are reading this you know who you are! There also may be a part 2 to this one! O0O)

(I'm also sorry for it being quite short...)

Arin hated himself. Everything had gone wrong... So very wrong... Why did he tell him? He should have just kept it inside... He never should have told him... Now his best friend probably hated him.

He hadn't received a text in days. No messages, no calls... Nothing.

He should probably start from the beginning though.

Arin had sat his best friend Dan Avidan on the couch. He had something very important he needed to tell him that he had been keeping in for quite some time.

"So... What I'm trying to say is... I'm gay." Arin was just waiting for Dan to laugh or show some kind of sign of disgust... But it never came. Instead, he was greeted with a warm smile. That smile that Arin had grown to love...

"That's fine dude, thank you for telling me. I'll support you no matter what." Danny grinned at Arin. The younger man smiled at his friend, a wave of relief crashing down on him upon hearing that come from him.

"Thank you..." The curly haired male opened his arms up for a hug, one that Arin gladly accepted. He always felt so safe in Dan's arms. As if nothing could hurt him...

But those same arms hurt him more than anything else.

...

They were playing a random game just for fun. They weren't recording or anything, they just wanted some time together. Arin found this as the perfect opportunity to hint at how he was feeling about Dan...

"Dude, you know I love you right?"

"Yeah! I love you too, Big Cat!" Dan smiles at his fiend.

Friend... Ouch.

"Yeah... But I love you more than that. I love you so much, that I would like to have your dick in my anus."

Hearing Dan's laughter was like sunshine on a rainy day, or hot chocolate... "Woah, Arin! Chill out!"

Arin laughed a bit. "What? It's true! I want your penis in my anus!"

Dan continued to laugh, slapping his knee like he usually did when he was having one of his laughing fits. Those squeaks he made melted Arin's heart... He laughed along side him, though it was somewhat forced...

Danny laughed for a while before calming down. Arin had already gone silent. He wished Dan had realized that he had meant that... That he loved him. Maybe a bit more than a friend should...

...

He tried again. "You mean so much to me, Dan..." the younger hums while they sat together watching a movie.

"Aw... You mean so much to me, Ar." Danny hums, one of his arms wrapped around Arin's shoulder, holding him close with a gentle smile.

Arin looked up at Dan. "You mean more to me, man. I'd literally die for you... You're such a great guy and I love you."

The older just grinned, not seeming to understand that Arin really meant it. That he truly loved Dan with all of his heart. That Dan was his favorite person and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. But Danny didn't understand.

"I love you too!" The curly haired male pulled his friend closer to him, a content smile on his lips.

The younger sighed and stared down at the carpeted floor. He wished Dan would understand what he meant. He truly wished he would understand...

...

This continued. This continued for weeks and months before Arin couldn't take it anymore. Dan just wasn't getting it and he wanted him to understand how he felt!

"I love you Dan."

That damn smile came to the older man's face. "I love you too, man-"

"No, Dan... I don't think you understand. I love you. Like... Love-love. More than a friend kind of love..." Arin says bluntly, laying his heart and feelings all over the table. He then watched in horror as Dan's face switched from one of happiness to... Confusion.

"Arin, I... Dude, I'm not gay... I don't like guys, a-and I'm dating Ashley!" He quickly says. "I love you but just... Not like that."

Arin's heart shattered in his chest. He felt tears welling in his eyes. Of course... He should have known. He should have fucking known that would be his answer... He thought he had prepared himself for the rejection he had known was coming. But he wasn't. He felt like he had just been stabbed and someone twisted the blade...

He was pulled out of his thoughts by hearing Danny say: "I'm gonna head home... Cya around Ar..."

Arin heard the door shut and Dan's car start up before he drove away. That's when Arin broke down, falling to his knees and clinging to the table as he sobbed. His sobs shaking his body. He couldn't make the tears stop even though he knew he shouldn't be crying. He really shouldn't... It was stupid to cry when he knew this would happen...

But he cried and cried and cried. He cried even when no tears left his eyes. He cried until his head hurt and his chest ached.

And now here he was. Sitting on his bed and desperately waiting for a text from Dan. But there was nothing... Not a single text. Or a call. Nothing. It was as if Dan had just dropped off of the earth after Arin's confession...

Arin should have just kept his mouth shut. He missed his best friend. But he wondered if he missed him.