Please Don't Leave Me...

(This idea was actually given to me by friend, so thank you very much my dude :> Also, trigger warning! This one features abuse, self-harm and suicidal thoughts. )

Things can change so quickly. At least... they had for Dan. He had been in a relationship. The guy was sweet, charming, very handsome and also funny. He had honestly been shocked when the dashing man had asked him out for coffee.

Dan thought it would just be a one time thing, but then there was second date, and a third, and soon they were officially dating. Danny had a boyfriend and he was delighted. He had been treated so well, treated with kindness and respect... until everything just... changed.

It was a cold December evening and Dan had been sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket and watching whatever he could find on the television. He turned when he heard the front door opened and smiled upon seeing his love. "Hey. How was work?" He asks his partner and got a huff in response. "Bad, Huh?" He watched as his boyfriend sat down on the couch. There was something... off... about him, but Dan just couldn't put his finger on it.

"You okay, babe?" He asks. He was reaching his hand out when his boyfriend suddenly turned to face him, a dark look in his eyes and pushed the singer down onto the couch. Dan laughed somewhat nervously as he looked up at his boyfriend. He was about to speak when he felt lips against his own. He kissed back, humming softly in response. He let out a squeak like sound as he felt a tongue push itself into his mouth. Dan wasn't really sure how to react, so he just let his boyfriend take control. He grew tense as he felt a hand travel down his leg and grip his upper thigh, a thumb brushing against his crotch. That was when Danny finally pushed the man off of him.

"Woah... Um... I'm not really sure if I-"

"Shut up and just let it happen."

Those words caught Danny off guard. His brows furrowed as he looked up at his boyfriend, although he could barely recognize him now... there was a dark look of lust in his eyes, but Dan wasn't ready...

"But... I don't want to do this." The curly haired man spoke timidly.

"Says the man who is constantly singing about sex and makes a fucking living off of it," his boyfriend began to undo the button on Dan's jeans. The singer tried to wriggle away, whimpering. "Stop it. I don't want to do this!"

"And I don't give a fuck!" His boyfriend snapped and Dan fell silent out of fear. His whole body was shaking as his zipper was undone. He tried to move but was stopped as his boyfriend pinned him down to the couch by his throat. Danny let out a strangled cry of protest but his cries did him no good...

He was completely helpless...

~

That was when the abuse started. Later, there was the yelling and the screaming and then the hitting... but most importantly, was the non consensual touching. It happened more often than the others and Dan absolutely despised it. But he was too scared to leave...

He eventually confided in Brian, begging him not to tell Arin about what was going on, which his long time friend agreed to. But Brian gave him the courage to finally break up with his abuser. He felt lighter, but he also felt... hollow. It was a weird feeling and he wasn't completely sure on how to describe it... but it wasn't good.

And Arin had noticed.

Arin wasn't stupid, as many liked to think, especially when it came to his friends and loved ones. So when he noticed Dan's strange change in behavior, he immediately got concerned and began to investigate...