Chapter 59

I follow Swayum to the stadium, I decided earlier to drive on my own so I could leave when I wanted without disrupting Swayum and Sharon's night. I park my car in the spot next to Swayum and text Aryan to tell him that I have arrived. He tells me to meet him at the far left corner of the field.

"Aryan is going to meet us in the back." I tell Swayum as him and Sharon walk up.

"Sounds good." Swayum says, he seems less than thrilled.

The school band begins to play and the field becomes more and more crowded, I am relieved when I spot Aryan leaving against the fence.

"Hey beautiful." Aryan beams and hugs me. I smile at him, returning the hug.

"I'm Aryan, it's nice to meet you both." He nods towards Swayum and Sharon. I know he has met Them before but he is just trying to be polite.

"Have you been here long?" I ask him.

"Only about ten minutes, there are a lot more people here than I expected." he tells me. Swayum leads the way to a less crowded area by the enormous mound of wood and we sit on the ground. Sharon sits between Swayum's legs and leans back against his chest. The sun is going down and the breeze is picking up. "Yea, have you been to one before?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No, this isn't my typical scene" he laughs. "but I am glad to be here tonight." he adds.I

smile at his compliment and someone begins to speak into a microphone talking about lighting the fire. Less than a minute later, the fire ignites and swallows the mound of wood fiercely. It's actually quite beautiful being this close to the flames.

"So what you have decided to wear for the wedding." Sharon frowns.

"What wedding?" Aryan asks. I look at Swayum and he answers.

"My mother's wedding." He tells him.

"Oh.." he seems to be thinking about something.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to remember who else is going to a wedding next weekend. Oh yea, Rey I think. He was asking us what he should wear to a wedding." he says. My heart stops.

"It's probably a different wedding though, right?" He asks. Rey hasn't told any of his friends that his father is the chancellor or that he is marrying Swayum's mother.

"No, they are.." Sharon begins.

"I'm sure it's a different wedding" I interrupt her and Swayum says something in her ear. Rey was actually considering going to the wedding? Why else would  he ask his friends what he should wear to a wedding?

"I can't imagine Reyat anyone's wedding anyway." Aryan laughs.

"Why not?" My tone is a little harsher than I meant it to be.

"I don't know, because he is Rey." He says and rolls his eyes.

"I thought you and Rey are friends?" I say.

"We are I am not saying anything bad about him, that's just how rey is." he informs me. My ears are buzzing and the fire feels too hot on my skin. I stand up before I realize what I am doing.

"Where are you going? What's wrong?" Aryan asks.

"Nothing, I just.. I need some air. Some fresh air." I mumble. I know how stupid that sounds but I don't care. "I will be right back, I just need a second." I walk away quickly before any of them can follow me. What is wrong with me? Aryan is sweet and he actually likes me, he enjoys my company and I can't stop thinking about Rey. I take a few deep breathes and walk back over to them.