Australia

His wrinkled hand grabbed hers, the tide pulled in just close enough to cover their steady feet. She grimaced, pained to see her partner in so much pain in such a beautiful place. Her son appeared behind her with his children running circles around them, he helped his mother and her husband to their chairs just a few feet back from the furthered point of the tide. No matter how long she lived in Australia she still hid a little giggle at the funny accents, hers was a little worn since she had been living there for so long.

As the family watched the ocean shimmer under the setting sun, she thought back to her memories of travelling, her many children to a few different husbands. It didn't bother her much, the fact that she had so many children to so many husbands during her time. It was all memories, good memories no matter how many divorces she went through. When she was younger her mother always pressured her to get married, have children.

She giggled to herself. She did as her mother asked, more than once.

She wouldn't change a second of it, each husband and each child meant a whole deal to her but no matter what, she always liked to be alone. This man was no match to the rest but he was kind and enjoyed life just as much as her, they were not the perfect couple but they made it work. They had one child together, and he had many others to different wives. That's why they fit together, they're both the same.

They both liked to be free.

But growing old, they needed somebody. That's why they're together, growing old was lonely until they found each other.