chapter two ⦙ snow globe

november 11, 2011

"ever been to mr. jimmy's gift shack?" john asked me, smiling.

"nope, never heard of it." i replied clueless, shaking my head.

"no? never? you must be living under a rock! y-you're like patrick from spongebob!" he chuckled. "dad, can you bring us to mr. jimmy's?"

"sure, kiddo." dale said, starting up the car.

"kenzie, mr. summerall has some cool stuff in the shack. you'll love it," said dale, looking at me from the mirror and smiled.

we talked about how i like pineapple on pizza, that in johnny's opinion the harry potter books were boring, and how ice cream is too cold for dale. after that, we finally arrived at mr. jimmy's gift shack.

the OPEN sign hung on the door as we rubbed the snow off our feet on the WELCOME rug. johnny then pushed the door, smirking, saying "ladies first,".

mr. jimmy saw johnny and said, "hey johnny! nice to see you today. who's your friend?" he asked nicely.

"oh! hey, mr. jimmy!" johnny said, going to his desk as they do their cool handshake. "mr. jimmy, this is kenzie. kenzie, this is mr. jimmy." johnny introduced.

"nice to meet you, kenzie! hope you like the shack." said mr. jimmy.

johnny and i then went upstairs to see more souvenirs.

"boo!" johnny yelled suddenly, with a yeti mask on. i screamed in surprise and fell backwards, making this beautiful snow globe shake a little. i suddenly take a small look at it.

"i'm getting this for you." johnny said, smiling and taking the snow globe. apparently he noticed how much i liked this.

"no, it's okay. i've got mon-" i said, shoving my hands in my pockets trying to find money, but there wasn't any cash. not even a penny.

"see, i'll get this for you! let me," johnny insists, running downstairs to the cashier.

"no john-" i said, but he was too quick and was already paying mr. jimmy by the time i got down.

"here ya go," he said, handing it to me.

"thank you." i smiled.

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚
A U T H O R ' S    N O T E
sorry these chapters have been sucking even though i edit them and try to make them better! hope you guys are liking this book so far though! :)