įµ’Ā³. įµ’įµ–įµƒĖ” įµ‰Źøįµ‰Ė¢.

   ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ °• ☼ CHAPTER THREE: OPAL EYES ☾ •°⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

•°•☆•°•

THE SKIES WERE darkening as they rounded the trail to Kings Landing, dashing in flying silks beneath the ascending moon. When they reached the towers of the red and white of King's Landing, they slowed their horses into a trot, Rhaegar and Nesaela sliding from their backs. An owl called from above, casting its small shadow down upon them.

     "Hush," Rhaegar told her, stopping their horses pressed against the ochre walls of King's Landing. The shadows of the wall hid them as a Targaryen guard walked across the landing above. The clanking of his armoured footsteps disappeared and Nessie exhaled a sharp breath she hadn't realised she was holding. Her face was still glowing with excitement, lilac eyes glittering in the hint of the rising moon.

     The two siblings cut through the gardens and into the inner courtyards. They dodged the eyes of the guards, leading their horses through the darkness. The horses' hooves clicked on the saffron tiles, dusted with fine red sand. Nessie shushed her horse quietly, a gentle hand on the side of Moondancer's head as they snuck through the courtyard.

     They walked back to the castle stables and put away their beloved horses, Nessie feeding Moondancer extra oats in gratitude for the adventure. The lights in the Red Keep were off, only moonlight illuminating the pale marble walls within. The two siblings snuck across the courtyard, hiding from the palace guards' views.

     Rhaegar had told his sister to sneak through the window first—to go quietly and quickly up to her room. She grinned as her knees pressed against the marble windowsill, forcing herself through the opening. It felt like an adventure. What she had not expected, though, was to fall on the cold tiled floor only to feel hands grip her shoulders. Her father wrenched her off the ground, dragging her slightly until she stood in front of him, hair a mess and lilac eyes wide in fright.

     Nessie let out a pitiful frightened cry as he gripped onto her dress, one hand pulling the silver silk collar and the other tightening his fingers in a vice around her upper arm. Hateful words were on his tongue as he shook her. The silver dragon pin slipped from her hair and clattered to the ground in a pitiful ringing. Nessie could practically feel the heat from her father's face, teeth grit and jaw clenched.

     He spat as he yelled at her, "You think this is a game? You are a princess, not some common whore!" Nessie winced away from his rage, still crying out as she felt his nails carve into the delicate flesh on her arm. "I will not have you sneaking out of this household at such ungodly hours to play a whore's card!" She kept her lips fastened shut as she whimpered, the first tears slipping from her eyes.