ᵒᵒ. ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ, ᵏᵉʳᵃᵏᵃˢʰᵃ.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ °• ☼ PROLOGUE ; KERAKASHA ☾ •°⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

kerakasha (keh•rah•kah•sha) noun.

what the westerosi and valyrians call "dragons".

sorrowful winged beasts born from leta's grief.

[ archaic; contraction of "ker" (fire) "akasha" (beasts). ]

  .・:-*・*:・゚*;.・゚

LETA, goddess of oblivion, had thrown herself from the sky one nightfall. She had stood on the moon with her toes in the silver sand, watching the acrylic skies and the flower-filled eyes of statues made for gods and goddesses. Her midnight hands had collected what remained of the stars as she stood, holding them like bouquets of daffodils in fingers that had once been tipped in blood.

          When she fell, she'd been like a drop of moonlight; a sliver of a planet that lets itself go from the gravity of its sun. The air had made its way for her, the clouds caressed her in a final farewell. The water was cold and lonely. Oblivion became one with the ocean, spilling stars across its surface so they would reflect the sky, and she drowned in the salty sea between Asshai and Ulthos.

          In her cries of grief poured her last creation of beauty. Songs which rippled through the sea and bore the name of something ancient, bearing scales for skin and fire within. They had wings like the wyverns of southern islands and were as large as the ancient castles of the lost land's cities. They had been born from tears and grief, and thus, were made to only bring so upon everything around them.

          The people of Ulthos called them kerakasha, but the people of Valyria would grow up with the word dragon on their tongues.

        They were wild; they were beasts. They were Leta's creation, and they were not supposed to be tamed.

.