Chapter 1

Thebes - 2, 134 B.C

City of the living

Crown jewel of Pharaoh, Seti the First.

Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead.

Birthplace of Anck-su-namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her.

But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

In the room enter a gorgeous woman whose body was cover all in gold. Paint and jewelry cover all her body, with many beautiful designs, which it purposes was to show that no other than the Pharaoh was allow to touch her.

She had entered to her chamber while looking that Imhotep's priests were waiting at the door.

In her chamber, her lover Imhotep was also waiting for her. They looked into each other's eyes and share a passionate kiss.

What they did not know was that the Pharaoh, Seti the First was trying to come in while Imhotep's priests were trying to close the door to the chamber.

Once the Pharaoh enter he wondered as to why Imhotep's priests where doing in Anck-su-namun's chamber.

(D.C: when you see that the type of writing it has change like this it means that they are speaking Egyptian)

"What are you doing here?"  said the Pharaoh. While he walk to where Anck-su-namun was. Pulling the curtain to the side, he saw that his mistress was all alone.

He walk up to her to greet her, but stop abruptly and point toward her arm and said.

"Who has touched you?" said again the Pharaoh when he saw that Anck-su-namun arm paint was smear.

Anck-su-namun looked where the Pharaoh was pointing and surprise to see that her paint had run. Anck-su-namun went to look again to the Pharaoh and she saw that behind him Imhotep had appeared. The Pharaoh had noticed her mistress look and turn around. Very confuse when he saw his highest priest was behind him.

Imhotep had reach into the Pharaoh's robe and pull out his sword.

"Imhotep? My priest!" said the Pharaoh. But before he could say another word, Anck-su-namun had pulled her knife and had stab the Pharaoh in the back.

Then Imhotep slide the sword into the Pharaoh and together started to stab him multiple times, and the Pharaoh could not do anything but to scream in agony.

Imhotep's priests were looking what their master was doing and with a loud bang the Pharaoh's bodyguards had enter the chambers.

"Pharaoh's bodyguards," said Imhotep.

"You must go! Save yourself," said Anck-su-namun fearing of what she knew was about to happen.

"No," said Imhotep ready to face whatever was coming for them.

Anck-su-namun trying to reason with her lover pulls on his arm and said,

"Only you can resurrect me!"

But Imhotep refusing to leave his lover side said desperately.

"I won't leave you!" while his priest were trying to take him away.

"Get away from me!" he yells to his priest to let him go so he could be with Anck-su-namun.

In a manner as to say goodbye Anck-su-namun waved her hand once in Imhotep's face and before he could leave her side he yelled.

"You shall live again!"

"I will resurrect you!" was the last thing he said when the Pharaoh's bodyguards had entered and with a gasp they saw how their beloved Pharaoh was dead on the golden floor. But before they could do anything Anck-su-namun pull her knife and said,

"My body is no longer his temple!" and then stab herself in the heart.

To resurrect Anck-su-namun Imhotep and his priest broke into her crypt and stole her body. They race deep into the desert taking Anck-su-namun's corpse to Hamunaptra, City of the Dead, ancient burial site for the sons of Pharaohs and the resting place for the wealth of Egypt.

For his love, Imhotep dared the god's anger by going deep into the city where he took the black Book of the Dead from its holy resting place.

Anck-su-namun's soul had been sent to the dark underworld, her vital organ removed and placed in five sacred canopic jars. Anck-su-namun's soul had come back from the dead. But Pharaoh's bodyguards had followed Imhotep and stopped him before the ritual could be completed.

Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. As for Imhotep, he was condemned to endure the Hom-Dai the worst of all ancient curses one so horrible it had never before been bestowed.

He was to remain sealed inside his sarcophagus, the undead for all of eternity.

The Medjai would never allow him to be released, for he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind an unholy flesh eater with the strength of ages, power over the sands, and the glory of invincibility.