Chapter 6

Sophie's Room

Sophie now dressed into her nightgown and getting ready to get in bed, she was still reading her book. But could not concentrated on anything she was doing. Her mind was in another place. She could still remember the way his lips felt against hers, and the feelings that she got from it. Then remembering the conversation she had a few minutes ago with Mr. O'Connell.

Now mad at him she throws a dress into her bed and said, "Oh for heaven's sake! It was not even a good kiss anyway." And turn into the mirror on her cabin and started to brush her hair.

Her book fell out of the table and with a groan she bend down to pick it up. When she got up and her scream was muffle out as a man with a sharp hook put it into Sophie's neck.

"Where is the map?" ask the man.

Sophie trying to find a way to get out, pointed at the map that was on the table, the men turned his head to looked and still not satisfied he ask again, "Where is the key?"

Now Sophie confused shook her head and said, "the... the key, what key?"

But before the man could answer O'Connell with a kick to the door he put his guns out trying to look for Sophie.

Sophie took advantage of the man's distraction and got away from him. She grabs her gun on the table and pointed at the man, however O'Connell started to shot at the small window as there was another Medjai trying to kill them.

The man with the Hook throw a knife into Sophie's face and before it would hit her she grab it with one hand and throw it back, however this time the knife hit the man in the eye and started screaming in agony.

O'Connell surprise at what he just saw he shoot at a lamp shattering it and a making everything that touch get on fire. Trying to get out of the room Sophie remember the map was still on the table and tried to go back for it bur O'Connell grab her arm to stop her.

"The map! The map is still in there," she tried to explain but O'Connell did not let her go and said,

"Relax! I am the map, it is all in here." while pointing a finger in his head.

"Oh! That's comforting," she answered.

Later Jonathan and Evelyn had run into Sophie's room looking for their sister.

"Sophie!" they both scream.

By accident Evelyn being the clumsy person she is, knocked over Jonathan and he push the Medjai who had bend over to pick up the key.

The Medjai felt onto the burning couch and got himself on fire.

Jonathan and Evelyn before running away saw the box on the floor. Jonathan went to pick it up but the Medjai almost stab Jonathan's hand with his Hook. Not caring anymore about the box Evelyn pushes Jonathan out of the room and run.

Everything outside was out of control.

All the animals were running everywhere trying escape to safety, everything was on fire, and people were dying or jumping out of the boat.

"Hold this," said O'Connell while he took his bag and gave it to Sophie.

O'Connell was preparing his revolver when bullets were coming at their direction. They tried to hide as O'Connell was still loading his gun. Each bullet were getting closer to O'Connell's head but he seem to not notice, just as the last bullet was about to kill him Sophie grab his shirt and pulled him towards her. O'Connell shocked looked at Sophie's face and with a nob as if saying thank you took his gun and started shooting at the guy how almost killed him.

Getting as much of the Medjai he could Sophie followed him, O'Connell turn towards Sophie and ask her, "Can you swim?"

Sophie not getting his question replayed, "Of course I can swim, if the occasion calls for it."

Without saying another word O'Connell grab Sophie and throw her out of the boat as he was saying, "Trust me! It calls for it." Next he went with her.

However, still on the boat Jonathan and Evelyn were trying to find a way out. When they were outside they could not find Sophie anywhere instead they saw the Americans open fire to the Medjai.

"Oh Americans!" said Jonathan.

Evelyn out of the corner of her eye saw the man who was on fire in Sophie's room had come out and was about to attack Jonathan. As Evelyn scream to Jonathan to looked out, one of the American notice and started shooting at the guy who almost killed Jonathan.

The Medjai felt into the water already dead and Jonathan turned to look at the Americans and said, "Nice save! Bloody good shot, and did I panic?"

"You did," Evelyn answer truthfully. Jonathan gave his sister a look and shows her the box he took out of the Medjai's hand.

"I think not!" corrected Jonathan.

Then the two together jumped out of the boat and swim where they saw their sister was.

Once they reach shore they went to her sister.

Sophie now relieve that her family was okay, she could focus on other things.

"We lost everything! Sophie lost all of her tolls and all my cloths," said Evelyn with a panic looked in her face.

Sophie went up to her and hugs her.

"It's okay Evie we can fix it later." Sophie said trying to calm her sister down.

O'Connell heard them talk but was distracted when he notice how Sophie's clothes was hugging her body for being so wet.

"O'Connell!" was screaming Beni from the other side of the river.

This made O'Connell thankful to distract himself from the direction his thoughts were taking him.

"O'Connell! It looks to me like I got all the horses!" scream again Beni.

"Hey Beni! It looks to me that you are on the wrong side of the river!" answer back O'Connell.

Sophie tried to hold back her laugh as she saw how Beni realizes that O'Connell was right.