Chapter 8

Down under Anubis Chamber - Imhotep's secret compartment.

O'Connell was the first to enter the chamber later followed by Sophie.

"The legs of Anubis," confirmed Sophie letting everyone know that they were on the right place.

"The secret compartment most be here, somewhere," Evelyn said to her sister.

Suddenly everyone was on high alert as the heard weird noises and some voices.

Sophie and O'Connell pull out their guns, however; Sophie had her knife tightly grab on her left hand. With a scream the Americans relaxed as they saw it was just O'Connell and the others.

"You scare the hell out of us O'Connell!" said Henderson.

"Likewise," reply O'Connell.

As Sophie was putting her gun away Burns looked at her and notice that the tool kit that went missing was the same that she had.

"Hey that's my tool kit!" said Burns and tried to walk towards her.

O'Connell put his gun right in Burns face and push Sophie behind him.

"No I don't think so," Said O'Connell, Sophie could feel her heart beating faster when she felt that O'Connell's hand was still on her waist protecting her.

"Okay! Perhaps I was mistaken," reply Burns backing away from them.

Everyone was putting their guns away and Evelyn to let the tension go said, "Well, have a nice day we have a lot of work getting along with."

"Push off this is our dig!" said the Egyptologist.

"We got here first," reply Sophie backing up her sister.

Everyone again pulled their guns out and Daniel said, "This is our statue!"

"I don't see your name written on it," O'Connell said not backing down.

"Yes well since there is only four of you..." started saying Beni but Sophie stopped paying attention when Evelyn made her a signal to look down. Sophie pushes some small rock to go under the hole and nob at her sister comprehending what she was trying to say.

"Of for goodness sake, lets be nice children. If we are going to play together we must learn to share," said Evelyn interrupting the others conversation.

Still nobody put their guns down until Sophie touch O'Connell's shoulder and said to him, "There are other places to dig."

O'Connell looked at Sophie's eyes and saw that maybe it was not a bad idea to let the Americans stay there. He put his gun down as everyone else did and walked away.

---

"According to this Hieroglyphics we are underneath the statue. We should come up right between his legs," said Evelyn while the other three were hammering the ceiling.

"And when those damn yanks go to sleep," Started saying Jonathan but Sophie had push him a little to shut him up. Jonathan not understanding his sister why she pushed him, when she looked at O'Connell then he understood.

"No offense!" said again Jonathan.

"Non taken," reply O'Connell still hitting the ceiling.

"We will dig our way up and steal that book right under them," said Jonathan.

"Are you sure we can find these secret compartment?" Ask O'Connell to the two sisters.

"Yes, but only if those beastly American haven't beaten us to it," reply Evie and then looked at O'Connell with apologetic face and said, "No offense."