Chapter 4: Catwoman knows!

Oh my gods! 222 reads!! I didn't expect that at all, thank you so much!!! Love you guys!! Hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

The Robins quickly got up and stood awkwardly in front of Selina.

"Please don't tell Bruce," Dick pleaded.

"I think Bruce is aware of you standing outside but just doesn't care," Selina said. "It'd be impossible for me to know but not him."

"Yeah, well, we didn't mean it," Tim said. "To eavesdrop I mean. Terribly sorry, our mistake. We'll be leaving now."

Everyone turned to Tim, eyes wide. Selina raised an eyebrow. Then Tim realised what he said and gasped in horror.

"When does Damian say sorry?" Selina asked, suspiciously.

"I... it slipped," Tim said quickly, but made Selina even more suspicious.

"Slipped?" she asked.

"TT," Tim added sheepishly to make it sound more convincing yet he made it worse.

Damian face palmed dramatically.

"Let's get out of here," Jason said to the others. "He's just being a total idiot, don't mind him. He got knocked on the head pretty hard just now during patrol," he added, smiling fakely.

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" Selina asked incredulously.

Jason groaned in frustration.

Then, something clicked in Selina's head. "Wait..." she said. "Eavesdropping on our conversation and..." Selina's eyes flew wide open. "Bru-!"

"Don't call father!" Damian yelped and slapped his hand over his mouth in horror.

Selina smirked. "Well, guess I'm right," she said.

Damian growled when he realized Selina was just pretending to call Bruce and was just testing him.

"You faced Mr Switch on your own didn't you?" she asked. "And I remember Bruce told you not to."

"Can we talk somewhere else, please?" Tim pleaded.

"Well, you're clearly not Damian," Selina said to Tim, amused. "Dick... no, Tim, I think." She looked at Dick's body. "I'm guessing you're Jason. And the one with Jason's body is Damian. And that leaves," she turned to Tim's body. "Dick Grayson."

"Yay, bravo," Jason said sarcastically. "Let's go somewhere else to give you an outstanding ovation shall we?"

"Definitely not Dick," Selina mused. "Fine," she allowed.

The Robins quickly brought Selina to their room and shut the door behind them.

"Please don't tell Bruce about this," Tim said. "Or else we're screwed."

"You know how weird it is seeing Damian plead with someone?" Selina asked. "Never in a million years would I imagine Damian pleading with someone."

Damian growled at Tim. "Thanks for ruining my reputation," he spat. "Fortunately for you I'm not in your body or you'll be getting more than just a ruined reputation, probably permanent brain damage."

"Please stop," Dick said. "More pressing matters here!"

Damian rolled his eyes.

"Selina, we heard you mention Mr Switch a while ago," Dick said. "You said you put a tracker on him?"

"Yes, I did," Selina said. "He stole from me."

"You probably stole whatever he stole from you anyway," Jason said.

"Well, interesting fact, I did not steal what Mr Switch stole from me," she said flatly.

"Then?" Tim asked.

"A diamond necklace that was given to me by Bruce," Selina said frowning, emphasizing on Bruce's name. "I went back to my old apartment and I put it down for one second then it's gone. Along with a few pieces of my jewellery-"

"The greatest thief in the world just got robbed by a nobody," Jason said. "Not so great anymore huh? And what does Bruce think?"

Selina gave him a murderous glare. "Watch your mouth Jason Todd, my patience is limited right now. You don't want me letting this slip to Bruce do you," she said. "And Bruce doesn't know yet. I didn't tell him what he stole," she said, turning to face the rest of them. "And I did it on purpose so he would take the bait and I could put a tracker on him. Only he escaped before I could take my stuff back."

"We'll make you a deal, Selina," Dick said.

"We will?" Jason asked.

"Yes we will," Dick said, nudging Jason in the ribs. "You give us the device to track down Mr Switch, delay Bruce for us, we get your jewellery back. Fair enough?"

Selina hesitated. "You lost to him once, you're not prepared, how do you expect me to just let you go like that?"

Damian raised his eyebrows. "Never knew you cared."

Selina ignored him. "And he's dangerous, I'll admit that. If you're not careful you could risk exposing your identity."

"We didn't know what we were up against, now we know," Tim said. "We'll be prepared."

Selina started to consider it. "Fine," she said finally. "Bruce will kill me."

"Doubt it," Jason said. "At least now you can't tell Bruce about this without exposing yourself."

Selina sighed. "But even if I do give it to you, the tracker's been malfunctioning for a while," Selina said. "He probably found a way to disrupt the signal. And you can't use the Batcomputer to fix it without Bruce finding out."

"Barbara can help," Dick suggested. "She's good with computers. She can find a way to fix the tracker."

"Okay," Selina said. "You take the tracker to Babs tomorrow and I'll delay Bruce for patrol as long as I can, and probably think of an excuse why I can't give him the tracker," she sighed. "That's a whole lot of work, you all better succeed and bring me my stuff," she warned.

"Promise," Dick said.

"But... don't get yourselves killed," Selina said. "Or else I'm dead too."

"Deal," Dick said. The others nodded along. At least they finally had a lead, even though it didn't sound really convincing yet. They were desperate enough to get as much help as they could. Selina nodded and handed them a small black tracking device. Then, she left.

"Okay," Dick said. "Tomorrow, we follow the plan, go out to the public and we go to Barbara's house."

Suddenly, Jason groaned. "There's one problem. I'm Dick, not you!"

"Well, then act like me," Dick said. "But who set the rules that Tim can't ask her anything? I can still explain the situation."

Damian smirked. "I think what Todd is trying to say is that he's not Barbara Gordon's boyfriend."

Dick took a while to process that and raised his eyebrows. "Riiiiight!" he said. "Don't kiss her or I'll kill you."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Oh, I'd just love to kiss my brother's girlfriend," he said sarcastically.

"Just tell Barbara about this then," Tim said. "Why the trouble?"

"Grayson doesn't want her to think he's a failure," Damian said matter-of-factly.

Tim sighed. "Fine, whatever, at least we can see if we can pull this off."

Dick smiled widely. "For what it's worth, I think we're already doing great. I mean, what could go wrong?"

Well, Dick you couldn't be more wrong, lol

Give this story a vote if you enjoyed it😉 And maybe give me some comments on how to improve this story❤
Comments actually give me more motivation to write *wink**wink*

And I just realised I posted this chapter on Jason's birthday!! Happy birthday Jaybird, my most favorite Robin❤