Chapter 8: I love myself

"We're getting closer," Dick (Red Robin) said, the device in his hands. "He's on the move but I don't think he's aware we're following him."

"Then why look so stressed," Jason (Nightwing) said, relaxed. "Chillax, we got this. We get him by surprise, grab him, and do what we need to do," he said lazily, throwing his escrima sticks up and catching them, never missing once.

"And that is why no one lets you plan strategies," Tim (Robin) pointed out.

"Focus!" Damian (Red Hood) snapped. "This is our only chance! And I'm not letting you imbeciles ruin it for me!"

Jason rolled his eyes. "But seriously, if the plan doesn't work I'll settle for punching his brains out if he doesn't switch us back. I only have so much patience. And this tight leotard is already wearing out my patience."

"Oh yeah?" Dick asked. "And you want to test my patience?"

"Can we work together peacefully for once? You guys are giving me a headache," Tim said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, you know what they say about headaches," Damian said calmly. "They're the same as stomach aches, hurts when they're empty."

"You demon brat," Tim spat, pissed off again

"Amateur," Damian shot back.

"Idiot!"

"Replacement!"

"Fifth replacement!"

"Enough!" Dick said. "I see him."

Everyone stopped to look. They crouched on a roof, watching as Mr Switch entered the bank. There were gunshots and screams but no one was hurt.

"Guess that's our cue," Dick said and leaped from the building and landing in front of the bank in one swift motion, the others following in pursuit. Jason's leap was lighter because Dick's body was more used to acrobatic movements while Damian stumbled slightly, unable to adapt fully in his new body.

"Everyone get out!" Jason yelled at the citizens inside the bank, covering them. The people wasted no time, scrambling out and yelling in fear.

"Look who's back," Mr Switch sneered. "Like my little gift?" he asked.

"Benjamin Parker!" Dick yelled and Mr Switch froze. "We know you have a daughter in the hospital and you're desperate for money to heal her!"

"Don't you dare touch her!" Mr Switch yelled.

"We won't," Tim said. "We just want to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about, my daughter is dying! They promised to—" Mr Switch stopped midsentence. "It doesn't matter, I need the money!"

Suddenly, he threw some purple power see at their direction. The vigilantes had to dodge and scramble in different directions to avoid it. This continued as Mr Switch threw powder after powder at them of various colours.

Damian shot a few bullets at him, hoping to scare him, not hurt him but Mr Switch wasn't fazed. Instead, this drove him to throw powder most faster and everywhere until the floor was filled with colourful powder everywhere.

"We can help you. We know someone that can give you money," Damian yelled, dodging some pink powder. "Enough to cover your daughter's entire medical bill. They'll help heal your daughter but in exchange, you switch us back."

"And why would I need your help?" Mr Switch roared, but he had stopped firing. "For all I know it could be a trap."

"Because we can take you in now," Jason hissed. "We can take you to prison and you can kiss your daughter goodbye. Then we'll use force to get you to switch us back, no better offer than that."

Dick was about to glare at Jason for threatening him but it worked. Mr Switch hesitated, thinking deeply. Then, he came to a decision.

"Fine," he said, anger vapourating. "Give me the money."

"It doesn't work that way," Damian said. "Switch us back first."

"And let you go back on your word?" Mr Switch asked.

"We won't," Dick said solemnly. "You need to trust us. We aren't the type of people you think we are. We have protected Gotham and her people for so long, we don't mind saving another, it's not just our job, it's what we want to do."

Dick's words must have convinced him because Mr Switch nodded. He looked at the vigilantes before him and held out his palm. Suddenly, blue powder appears in his palm and he threw it towards Dick who shrieked slightly. Then, he threw red powder at Jason, yellow at Tim and green at Damian.

They collapsed, coughing and when they stood back up, they gasped.

"I'm… I'm me! I'm tall again!" Jason cried.

"Oh how I miss you," Tim said, staring at his Red Robin uniform and staff.

"tt," Damian clicked, glad to finally be back.

"Thank you," Dick said.

"Don't go back on your word," Mr Switch warned.

"We won't," Dick promised and Mr Switch nodded, taking his leave. Then, a thought struck him. "Wait!" he called. "Um… Mr Parker, you stole a bunch of diamonds from my err… friend, Catwoman! We need them back, please?"

Mr Switch frowned but then sighed. "You're lucky I brought them out," he said, throwing a pouch at their feet. "I was planning to sell them later."

"That was easy," Tim said in disbelief.

"Don't jinx it," Jason said, nudging Tim in the ribs. "Just be glad to have a little luck for now?"

"Thanks," Dick said to Mr Switch and examined the diamonds to make sure they were real and belonged to Selina.

Mr Switch nodded. "Just… just fix my daughter," he said, voice cracking slightly. Concern filled his face.

The vigilantes nodded and using their grapple hooks, they swung away into the night, finally as themselves again.

This chapter is pretty short but it actually isn't easy to write a fight scene when one side is a guy who literally throws powder and the other side doesn't want to hurt him.

Anyway, give this story a vote and comment if you love it!!