17.0

The Smell of Caffeine

(mornings with him prt.1)

Jaehee whipped herself a cup of coffee after waking up. She tried to keep quiet as she shuffles through the shelves of his apartment. It's as if she already got it memorized where the tupperwares and cups are placed. Upon getting her favourite mug, she quickly heads to the sink, getting the coffee and hot water ready.

After a few minutes, she remained standing by the counter. She looks at the view of the streets, a cup at hand. It was nice seeing how it's not that crowded yet, as it's still early in the morning. Getting some air out the window was nice as well.

Though she heard some familiar footsteps, and to her surprise, her boyfriend is already awake. Jaehee just looks at Jihoon as he lazily walks up to her.

"Morning." She smiled at him, ruffling his bed hair. Jihoon just gave her a soft smile.

"Good morning," he muttered, his voice still husky. Jaehee stayed there and admire his morning face. (Is there even a time where she doesn't admire how beautiful he is?)

"You're up early." She said, looking at him as he leaned on the kitchen counter. It's just unlikely for him since he's the type of person that's just hard for you to separate from the bed. So this was quite a sight.

"Coffee." He blinked, sleepiness still present in his tone.

"Oh, you want?" She offered but he shook his head. She just pursed her lips. Maybe he meant that the smell woke him up, but again, it's just odd for him to wake up with just that.

"Go back there beside me, I still want to sleep." Jihoon said. It was more of an order than a request. But Jaehee can't really complain from him.

"Okay." She supressed a smile and took one last sip of the coffee.

She was supposed to write hence why she got her favourite mug ready. But staying in bed all day wasn't much of a bad idea either.

~

"I could wake up next to that pretty face every morning

"I could wake up next to that pretty face every morning..."