Psych!Ghost-Origin

Decided to have his back story in a separate chapter because they're really long in it of itself.
Hope you enjoy! X

Childhood: Ghost doesn't know his childhood for certain, so we'll go with what he does know.
Johnny was found my Johnny Toast and William Barricade when they were playing 'secret agents'. Toast and William brought Ghost to their 'den', seeing how poor of a state he was in. Toast's parents- mom because Toast's dad was dead by that point- took Ghost in until their family friends, who knew eachother because the dads were ghost hunters together, took Ghost in. Again, the dad was already dead.

Teen years: Toast and Ghost stayed strong friends, becoming practically inseparable. Then, Ghost met Katrina, and she joined their little friend group. They all decided they wanted to be ghost hunters together. However, as they reached their older teen years, Ghost began acting strange. He'd become extremely paranoid, refusing to stay in the same house with his own adoptive mother, seeming to believe she was out to hurt him. Ghost would constantly go to Toast's house in the middle of the night, and Toast was too worried to stop Ghost from doing so. Eventually, they took Ghost to a professional, where he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. However, Ghost was half in denial, and half trying to prove himself as a normal person, refusing to take any form of prescribed medication or seek professional help or assistance.
Later on, Toast went back to England to study something or other, and Ghost had only gotten worse since then. He was constantly disappearing, refusing to talk to anyone but himself, and all around not taking care of himself. The only person he still seemed to trust was Katrina.
When Ghost went missing for a longer amount of time, they got worried, seeking to find him. Toast got back and helped. When they found him, however, they found Katrina dead too. Ghost, at that point, had completely lost it, unresponsive to anyone but Toast, and trying to tear his head apart, screaming "get out of my head." Ghost was presumed guilty, but wasn't arrested because of innocence by insanity. Ghost was put into a mental institution, where he fluctuated a lot in behaviour. Sometimes he'd be highly aggressive, not responding to his name, then would just be completely detached from everything, then constantly crying and afraid, then talking with everyone normally. Eventually, he was let out, where he lived with Toast for a short while, before getting his own apartment.

Adult years: all of the old members except for Toast and Ghost left P.I.E to go their own paths. First, Spooker was hired, then Colon, and Ghost- as much as he refused to admit it- was instantly attached to them. He felt responsible for them, wanting to protect them with his life. However, he remains an asshole towards them because 1) he's naturally that way, and 2) after past experiences, he's afraid to have new friends, knowing they might leave him or get hurt. It's the reason he has yet to tell them about his diagnoses.