Realization |03|

Sawamura Daichi
6th Day

I awake to the light sound of buzzing. Groaning, I sit up and turn off my alarm. (F/n) sleeps deeply, her seemingly frail body sitting very still. I get up gently as to not wake her and go to the bathroom. I shower and dress myself before exiting. Upon re-entering my room I see (F/n) sitting up in bed and looking at her hand. There sits a small clump of hair, and the look on her face says she's distressed. I slowly walk up behind her and pat the top of her head. Her eyes widen and she closes her hand quickly. She whips her head up to look at me, so I smile at her. She gets up from the bed and begins to chose her outfit out. I leave the room to get breakfast.

"Daichi!" (F/n) calls as I finish my coffee. I make my way to the room and see her apply a last swipe of lipstick. "Are you ready to go?" She nods her head. I pick her up like I've been doing for the past few days, though we've got more of a rhythm going now. (F/n) lays her head comfortably against my chest, and I smell the perfume she uses everyday. When was the last time I had actually looked at this woman that I've been married to?

I look at her face, and realize she's not young anymore. Fine lines lay around her eyes and mouth, and gray hairs are sprinkled throughout her head. A frown makes its way onto my face as I realize what I've done to her. I have betrayed the woman I had once loved and promised my life to. A satisfied look sits on her face, and she hums a little tune with her eyes closed. I stop as we reach the front door, and she opens her eyes when I don't begin to put her down. Her (E/c) eyes stare into my own, a confused look plastered on her face. Her eyes had gained the same sparkle they had when we had first gotten married. Her smile was still just as gentle, if not more.

I quickly set her down and open the front door. My keys clank as I quickly grab them off the rack and speed walk to my car. I start it and slam the door, starting my drive to work.