Worried |04|

Sawamura Daichi
Day 11

"(F/n)! Are you ready to go?" I yell from the kitchen, finishing the last of my coffee. No response is provided, so I go to the bedroom. Rough coughing comes from the bathroom, so I walk that way. (F/n) sits with her back on the sink cabinets, coughing harshly into her palm. A tube of lipstick and a spilled case of some powder makeup sit next to her on the ground, seemingly knocked over. My eyes widen in panic and I rush to her side.

"(F/n), are you ok?" I ask her urgently, putting my hand on her back. She coughs a few more times before flashing me a watery eyed smile.

"Yes, I just believe I've caught something." She says tiredly, coughing into her hand again. I pick her up like I had been doing, but instead of taking her to the front door I carry her to the bed. She gives me a confused look when I grab her phone. I dial the number to her job and tell them she's taking a sick day. Next I call my job.

"Hey Ba-"

"I'm taking a sick day to take care of my wife, take care of everything at the office." I say before hanging up. (F/n) begins to say something but I shush her before walking out of the room to get her some food. I rummage through the cabinets before coming across some soup. I begin to heat that up and start to make her some green tea with lemon. I bring it all in on a tray, and she sets down the book she was reading. She smiles at me like she always has and takes the tray from me. As she eats her food I pick a movie for us to watch. When (S/n) comes home he joins us in our lazy day of watching movies. The three of us all sit squished on the bed, eating popcorn and other treats (S/n) brought. My phone buzzing draws my attention, and I leave the room to answer the call.

"Hello?" I say, having not checked who was calling.

"Babe! I've been calling you all day! Why the hell didn't you pick up?" Yui says angrily on the other end. I cringe at the loudness in my ear. "And what did you mean you're not coming to work because your wife's sick?"

Oh shit. Yui was the one who picked up when I called sick.

"(F/n) was sick so I stayed home to make sure she didn't die." I answered, waiting for her reply. The other end gets eerily quite. "Yu-"

"You don't still love her, do you?" She says quietly. My eyes widen and I gasp in shock.

"Of course not! I love you, obviously." I say instantly, though I feel a sharp pain in my chest when I say it. Yui sighs in relief and chats with me a bit more before hanging up. I look at my phone for a bit, just staring at it and thinking. I'm shaken from my thoughts when (S/n) calls me back in the room for the start of another movie. I smile lightly and go back to my family.