Chapter 1: "A whole new start... Not really."

It's an early Monday morning in the Kageyama residence, the orange sunlight from around the bottom of the horizon peering through the blinds of the windows are the only thing illuminating the room. The crisp, cool autumn temperatures filling the air and perfect peace and quiet filling the house, as a young fifteen year old boy rests on his bed, or rather his mat as that's what a lot of people sleep on in Japan. This boy is Shigeo Kageyama or "Mob" as his friends, or rather what most people, call him. He sleeps in peaceful glee, as nothing could get in the way of him and his wondrous, happy dreams. Yes, really nothing could go wrong today, not a thing...

"BIG BROTHER! MOM'S GONNA HAVE A COW IF YOU'RE LATE TO YOUR FIRST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL! SO GET UP, SLEEPY HEAD!"

-- PROGRESS TOWARDS MOB'S EXPLOSION: 7% --

Scratch that, today probably isn't going to go very well. 

The named boy Shigeo, as mentioned before, slowly rises into a sitting position and rubs his eyes as he thinks to himself. 'Oh yeah, I forgot, today I'm going back to school.' He then stands and yawns whilst stretching.

"I'M NOT KIDDING SHIGE, MOM IS REALLY GONNA SEND YOUR HALF BUTT WAY ACROSS SEASONING CITY IF YOU DON'T GET UP!" 

"Yeah, I'm up, Ritsu." Shigeo says in a slightly higher tone of voice than usual, to his younger brother Ritsu. "Oh thank goodness," Ritsu exclaims, now at Shigeo's bedroom door. "I thought I was going to have to get the bucket from the leaky faucet again." "Yeah, no thank you." Ritsu looks at Shigeo's messy morning state. "I'll let you get dressed, your new uniform is on the dresser." "Thanks." Ritsu then walks back into the main part of the house. Shigeo then walks over to the dresser, picks up the uniform and then looks at it. It is composed of a white button-up collared t-shirt, a grey sweater-vest, a red tie, and a black jacket. He puts it on and looks himself in the mirror. "Hmm..." Shigeo ponders. "I like my old Gakuran better... Oh well." -A Gakuran is a black uniform worn in middle school, what mob wore most of the time in the "Mob Psycho 100" anime and manga- "Hey, hey, hey, Shigeo, my man, lookin' fresh~." Says a deep adult voice from behind him. Shigeo turns to see a familiar green cloud of gas with a face and large red dots on its 'cheeks.' "Oh, it's you Dimple, you startled me." Shigeo says. "But thank you for the complement." "Anytime, kid. So high school, huh?" The fart cloud, now named Dimple, says. "Yeah... I'm kinda nervous." Shigeo says with his usual monotone voice. "Don't sweat it." Says Dimple again. "It's just like middle school! Only everyone's just a bit older, including you!" "That's what I'm worried about..." Dimple just ignores him and flys over, putting an 'arm' around him. "So... You gonna be lookin' to get yourself a lady, or are still moping around about that Tsubomi girl." Remarks Dimple, prominent smirk on his face. "Uh, I-I don't really know..." Mob says with a slight blush. "I think I've gotten over Tsubomi, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet..." "Well what about that Tome girl, you're going to her high school today aren't you?" "Tome? I mean yeah, I'm going her school now, but she's a bit too..." Mob flashes back to the numerous points in time when Tome ranted about aliens and the supernatural. "... Eccentric, plus, even if I did like her, she's a year older than me and probably wouldn't like me anyway..." Dimple sighs, disappointed. "Your loss, kid. Have fun at the first day of 'the best years of your life.'" He says, quoting every high school teacher ever. "Yeah I will, don't terrorize Ritsu too bad while I'm gone, he doesn't start school till next week." Shigeo explains, slightly amused at Dimple, but not showing it. "No promises..." Dimple says back, sadistic grin growing in his face. Shigeo walks downstairs, eats breakfast, finishes getting ready, says goodbye to Ritsu, and leaves for school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Peppercorn High School." Mob reads off the sign. He looks down at the piece of paper with the address in his hand, then looks back up. "This must be the place." He walks down the path to the front building and enters, the main hall is filled with kids his own age, and some teachers and senors supervising them. "Oh hey, Mob, It's been a while!" Shigeo turns to see a familiar blue eyed face. "Ah, Teruki, it's good to see you, yes it has been while, I didn't know you'd come to this school." Teru smirks. "Well it is the only one in all of Seasoning City." The blonde says. "But, there are over six middle schools, I guess that explains why so many kids here..." Mob ponders. "Hehe, yeah they need to build some more high schools to compensate." Teru says. "Kageyama, is that you?" Both Mob and Teru turn, to see a familiar side-burned, over muscled, sixteen year old. "It is you! How are you doing? Have you been keeping up on your training?" Says the man. "Hello Musashi, I'm fine, and yes I've been keeping up on it since you left for this school last year." Mob says to the identified Musashi. "Really? Great! Because I'll have you know, I started a Body Improvement Club here as well!" "Really!?" Mob says in awe. "I'll Join right away!" "Hahaha!" Musashi laughs in amusement. "Good to know you're still up to a nice rigorous workout!" "Well Mob, I gotta go before people from back at Black Vinegar start flocking to me again. See ya." Teru says, looking around slightly nervous. "They really crowd me a bit too much." "Okay." Mob says. "See you in class."

Coincidentally, they did see each other in class. Mob's first period was math. "Okay class." Exclaimed the teacher. "This is just a practice test to see where you are at, it has problem that we will be learning later in the year so it won't impact your grade, but it is essential for me to see the progress you have made, so please try your best." The teacher passed out the papers, finally Mob got one. 'Okay, this shouldn't be too bad, how bad can first year high school math be?'

...

...

...

-- PROGRESS TOWARDS MOB'S EXPLOSION: 14% --

'W-what? What the hell's a slope, or a hypotenuse!?' Shigeo is sweating profusely now, numbers and terms swirling around his head, but none can penetrate his skull in the slightest. Yep, today is not going Mob's way...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exhausted Mob stumbles into his home and up to his room. Mob steps in his room and collapses. "Hey big brother, how was- OH NO, BIG BROTHER!" Ritsu runs over to Shigeo trying to wake him from the stress induced coma, the only thing he can get out of his brothers sweat covered body, is a long, high pitched groan. "Guuuuuuuuugh..." "OH GOSH, UH HOLD ON, I'LL GET YOU SOME COLD WATER!" Ritsu then runs off to get said beverage, as Mob lay almost lifeless on the floor. Worst of all, Reigen gave him a break for today, but tomorrow, Mob has work.

-- PROGRESS TOWARDS MOB'S EXPLOSION: 27% --

===========================================================================

OMAKE

We see Mob in his room, getting dressed for school. Everything was going fine until... "Mmm, no darn it, like this? No, that way it just falls off. Ugh..." Mob is having trouble with his tie. "Come on... There!" It seems Mob has done it... Oh, nope it just fell off again. Mob sighs and tries his psychic powers, nope. Dimples help? Nope, spirits never wear ties. Ritsu? No, his hands are just as fumbly (Is that even a word?) as his older brother's. Ah! A savior, Teruki is here! He wears a tie!

...

 HE DID IT HE GOT IT ON! It looks so pristine too! Finally Mob can... It fell of again. Teruki looks like he's about to have a fit. "Wha- How? THAT DAMN TIE IS BROKEN OR SOMETHING!" Yep he's having a fit. "Is there anyone who can help Mob with his tie!?" Exclaims Ritsu. Suddenly, the door is kicked down! "Did someone mention tie problems!?" Reigen, how's he gonna help!? Reigen walks over takes away the red tie ribbon away from Shigeo's neck and pulls from his pocket... a red clip on tie. Ritsu face palms. "What? It's what I wear!" Reigen reveals that his tie is indeed a clip on! Mob puts on the clip on tie. "Well, this should work fine, I guess." Mob says. Mob departs for school.